Sponsored

JL Wrangler FAQ and Answers From the LA Show Debut

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks for asking, champ. Not very good news about the uppers though. How are we supposed to stay dry or keep the mosquitos and small animals away when we want to?
But then the designer talked about the soft uppers on the half doors, so who knows.
Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
on the sahara the power top was back and the side windows off couldn't tellabouthe yellow 4 dr the top was off folded back windows completey off

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
The red dash is going to look so stupid if the body color isn't red, or possibly black. I feel for anybody who wants a yellow, green, blue, or gray jeep.
I thought iwould but it isn't exaclty red more like a polished reddish rust and it lokked very good with the yellow

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Ideally it means the vehicle will detect the actual distance moved forward by one revolution of the wheel and calculate the speed from that. Real distance can be measured either by using optical sensors aimed at the ground or, more likely, by using vehicle GPS to measure distance travelled and then by counting the wheel revolutions during that segment.

This would be great if done because it means it'll show the speed more accurately even when the tyre diameter is affected by wear and/or tyre pressure.
My God, it really is the future! :surprised::captain:

Goobermaniac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 trailblazer and ready for a JL
Nice write up..

I really like the JL; however I’m curious how a Gobi rack will mount to it since they removed the majority of anchor points (bolts) from the windshield corners..:crying:

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
The standard tire carrier can be adjusted to hold a 35 inch tire. Sweet!!! I thought spending another $1K + on tailgate upgrades would be mandatory for 35s.

I am fairly certain the Power slid top is optional for all trims...right?!?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
+1 I am curious to how the zipper less design works on the soft top too
There are videos that show how it works. Basically the soft top lower sections slid on a rail to the top. Looks pretty cool and no Velcro either.

DaveTPhD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Eco-Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
The red dash is going to look so stupid if the body color isn't red, or possibly black. I feel for anybody who wants a yellow, green, blue, or gray jeep.
Agree. I hope there are other options when diesel is available.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
in that video posted on another thread the jeep design guy said in rubicon you have your choice of red or gray!!! THANK YOU GOD......if that is the truth!!:rock::rock:
I think what he meant by that is it was insinuated with your choice of interior color
Sponsored