Sponsored

Stock suspension height Sahara/sport vs Rubicon?

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
Any difference in stock suspensions from a JL Sahara 4dr and a Rubicon 4dr? Height or damper differences?
Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Any difference in stock suspensions from a JL Sahara 4dr and a Rubicon 4dr? Height or damper differences?
The rubicon is 1.5 inches higher than sport.

OP
OP

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
I’m now seeing there may be differences between even the Sahara and the sport? Some say the Sahara is .75 inches shorter then Rubicon but has “HD suspension” compared to the sport. Does this mean that they spec 3 different dampers that are unique to the trim? I know the springs have different part numbers and there are many of them that coordinate to spec sheet items such as tow or hard top.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I’m now seeing there may be differences between even the Sahara and the sport? Some say the Sahara is .75 inches shorter then Rubicon but has “HD suspension” compared to the sport. Does this mean that they spec 3 different dampers that are unique to the trim? I know the springs have different part numbers and there are many of them that coordinate to spec sheet items such as tow or hard top.
I'm interested as well in the suspension differences of all 3 models. Specifically, if I upgrade from a sport s to a rubicon suspension, what am I gettng in terms of both on and off road capability?

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I have a sahara and the rubicon suspension lifted it about 1" in front and .75" in back, sports get about a half inch more than that.

my stock shock diameter and size is same as rubicon and a good deal larger than sport

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have a sahara and the rubicon suspension lifted it about 1" in front and .75" in back, sports get about a half inch more than that.

my stock shock diameter and size is same as rubicon and a good deal larger than sport
Thanks...did the on road ride change with rubicon suspension? What do you gain offroad with this upgrade?

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Thanks...did the on road ride change with rubicon suspension? What do you gain offroad with this upgrade?
ride is a bit stiffer, still excellent though. off road just a little bit of clearance and feels like a bit more heavy duty suspension, with maybe slightly more articulation due to the longer springs/shocks

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
On JK, there were MANY different coil springs used interchangeably between Sport/Sahara models depending on exact options. This could be true of JL also. But, just based upon the ones in stock at my dealership, there is almost no difference at all between Sport and Sahara suspension or brakes. The Rubicon has different shocks, coils, and fenders. But the Sport/Sahara seem to be virtually identical. If there is any difference, it's extremely small.

Sponsored