PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

metalman64

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1952 M38, 1954 M170, 2002 TJ
FINALLY was able to get out in the mountains. Fire restrictions were lifted. And I got her all dirty. Felt AWESOME!!!!

5B3FA635-D8B0-47E6-AB4A-34A8C7B1398E.jpeg

50A31166-D0F8-45D9-A7C9-1A31EA7A45B1.jpeg

66F97DD9-28A8-4CAD-B215-F412FA9B8425.jpeg
FINALLY was able to get out in the mountains. Fire restrictions were lifted. And I got her all dirty. Felt AWESOME!!!!

5B3FA635-D8B0-47E6-AB4A-34A8C7B1398E.jpeg

50A31166-D0F8-45D9-A7C9-1A31EA7A45B1.jpeg

66F97DD9-28A8-4CAD-B215-F412FA9B8425.jpeg
Well ,I am jealous of all of you Punk'n Jeepers as I just found out today that they will not be issuing any more VIN numbers for Rubicon unlimited like I have had on order since June 5th , now I am from Canada and I think that has something to do with it , we must have received our quota of Rubicons for the Great White North as I see many of my collegues in the US getting them after ordering later than me . I knew something wasn't right waiting weeks and weeks but no VIN number , I am in a pickle now as they said it would move to a 2019 order but odds are Punk'n might not be available , very sad day here in southwestern Ontario ( 2hrs from Toledo)
Hmmmmm........ What to do now ?

Ronster5

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘70 440 4-spd challenger, hydro Rubicon, waiting on punk’n Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well ,I am jealous of all of you Punk'n Jeepers as I just found out today that they will not be issuing any more VIN numbers for Rubicon unlimited like I have had on order since June 5th , now I am from Canada and I think that has something to do with it , we must have received our quota of Rubicons for the Great White North as I see many of my collegues in the US getting them after ordering later than me . I knew something wasn't right waiting weeks and weeks but no VIN number , I am in a pickle now as they said it would move to a 2019 order but odds are Punk'n might not be available , very sad day here in southwestern Ontario ( 2hrs from Toledo)
I bet punk’n will still be there for the first part of the 19’s. Fingers crossed for you man!!! :fingerscrossed:

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Try looking for one in the states. There's a lot of them on dealers lots now.

Sponsored

metalman64

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1952 M38, 1954 M170, 2002 TJ
Try looking for one in the states. There's a lot of them on dealers lots now.
Unfortunately you can't bring brand new vehicles across the border without huge fees almost like tariffs, been like that for years even before Donald
Anyway , update on my situation and emotional roller coaster I have been on in the past 24hrs
Found only 1 Punk'n Rubi in Ontario with close to same options as I ordered so dealer called the other dealer about 4 hours away to see if they would do a dealer trade but that dealer said the Rubi was sold:(
So for the heck of it I called dealer myself posing as Joe customer who saw the Rubi on their website and asked if it was available and to my surprise the sales guy said possibly but someone was currently taking it for a test drive and he would call me back if they didn't make an offer and it was available :please: Man was I happy 20 mins later when he called and said it was available , long story short we worked out a deal and I am picking it up Saturday :clap: cost me some extra money since my local dealer gave me an awesome deal as we buy a few work vehicles off them but I couldn't help myself knowing I might not see one until at least November
Totally awesome that I am going to join the rest of you Punk'n owners ......2 more sleeps for my 4hr drive to happiness
Sorry for the rather long story but at least ending is great !

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
Unfortunately you can't bring brand new vehicles across the border without huge fees almost like tariffs, been like that for years even before Donald
Anyway , update on my situation and emotional roller coaster I have been on in the past 24hrs
Found only 1 Punk'n Rubi in Ontario with close to same options as I ordered so dealer called the other dealer about 4 hours away to see if they would do a dealer trade but that dealer said the Rubi was sold:(
So for the heck of it I called dealer myself posing as Joe customer who saw the Rubi on their website and asked if it was available and to my surprise the sales guy said possibly but someone was currently taking it for a test drive and he would call me back if they didn't make an offer and it was available :please: Man was I happy 20 mins later when he called and said it was available , long story short we worked out a deal and I am picking it up Saturday :clap: cost me some extra money since my local dealer gave me an awesome deal as we buy a few work vehicles off them but I couldn't help myself knowing I might not see one until at least November
Totally awesome that I am going to join the rest of you Punk'n owners ......2 more sleeps for my 4hr drive to happiness
Sorry for the rather long story but at least ending is great !
I am glad you found the Punk'n you wanted and that you are happy with your deal. Mine has arrived at our dealer but due to travel I cannot take delivery until early August.

I would like to clarify your comment about bringing importing a vehicle from the US into Canada. Any tariffs that may apply are charged by your dealership and added into the cost of the vehicle. You do not forgo those costs by purchasing in Canada. As for other costs, the import charge, applied by RIV (Registrar of Imported Vehicles) is $195 and that includes the federal inspection cost. You do have to pay extra in Ontario for your provincial inspection. There is also the matter of tax. If you purchase in Canada you pay Prov and Fed tax on the Canadian purchase price. If you buy in the US you pay those same taxes, at the same rate, on the Canadian currency equivalent of your US purchase price. In most cases, it is monetarily advantageous to purchase in the US and import it as US dealers are often willing to offer greater discounts. The downside of purchasing a Jeep in the US is that FCA will not honor your warranty.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I am glad you found the Punk'n you wanted and that you are happy with your deal. Mine has arrived at our dealer but due to travel I cannot take delivery until early August.

I would like to clarify your comment about bringing importing a vehicle from the US into Canada. Any tariffs that may apply are charged by your dealership and added into the cost of the vehicle. You do not forgo those costs by purchasing in Canada. As for other costs, the import charge, applied by RIV (Registrar of Imported Vehicles) is $195 and that includes the federal inspection cost. You do have to pay extra in Ontario for your provincial inspection. There is also the matter of tax. If you purchase in Canada you pay Prov and Fed tax on the Canadian purchase price. If you buy in the US you pay those same taxes, at the same rate, on the Canadian currency equivalent of your US purchase price. In most cases, it is monetarily advantageous to purchase in the US and import it as US dealers are often willing to offer greater discounts. The downside of purchasing a Jeep in the US is that FCA will not honor your warranty.
Yeah that's what he said. Thats why he bought locally.

Sponsored

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited

Kpunk'n

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S 2.0T & 2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
Occupation
Unemployed
Vehicle Showcase

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
No worries. I think I'm holding off my order for a while anyway... Hopefully there will be a Punk'n out there when the time comes because i don't know if they're keeping that color. :crying:
Sponsored