Sponsored

JL Wrangler FAQ and Answers From the LA Show Debut

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
I have a feeling besttop jacked up the prototypes. Notice there were no back windows available to see at the show?
I have been wondering that too. Not seeing any soft top sides. Cassie from bestop has a thread where I believe she confirmed that the sides we have been seeing, commenting that the bottom windows don't align between doors and panels, were preproduction and won't have that problem. Maybe none are ready yet and Jeep didn't want pics of those circulating.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have been wondering that too. Not seeing any soft top sides. Cassie from bestop has a thread where I believe she confirmed that the sides we have been seeing, commenting that the bottom windows don't align between doors and panels, were preproduction and won't have that problem. Maybe none are ready yet and Jeep didn't want pics of those circulating.
Exactly my thoughts. Hopefully for their sakes it really was only the pre-productions that we’re jacked up.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Conflicting info everywhere still.
Ah I see. Yeah the dash color responses do seem conflicting. While I would never put too much faith in Jeep marketing, the web does show a pic of an orange rubi with, let's just call it, a non-red dash. And the uppers, probably sourced at least somewhat from bestop, like the soft panels are probably just not show ready.

IMG_2484.PNG

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ah I see. Yeah the dash color responses do seem conflicting. While I would never put too much faith in Jeep marketing, the web does show a pic of an orange rubi with, let's just call it, a non-red dash. And the uppers, probably sourced at least somewhat from bestop, like the soft panels are probably just not show ready.

IMG_2484.PNG
Yeah it also has the standard height front fenders. Whole lot a confusion still present.

Sponsored

4thjeep

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500
What wheels are standard on the Sahara?

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
The red dash is going to look so stupid if the body color isn't red, or possibly black. I feel for anybody who wants a yellow, green, blue, or gray jeep.
The Hella Yella with a red dash is going to look like mustard and ketchup!
51ybyv3J6hL._SY355_.jpg

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
The red dash is going to look so stupid if the body color isn't red, or possibly black. I feel for anybody who wants a yellow, green, blue, or gray jeep.
Change it out. Can't be that hard. There will certainly be posts on how to do it not long after people start getting their JLs.
Don't let the dash color dictate your choice of body color.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Change it out. Can't be that hard. There will certainly be posts on how to do it not long after people start getting their JLs.
Don't let the dash color dictate your choice of body color.
Seriously. I don't see what all the hoopla is about... just get the red trim vinyl wrapped any color/finish you want for $30-50. Or just wait for the different trim options that Jeep is working on. I'm sure there'll be aftermarket options pretty soon after launch too.

Sponsored

jkrod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
yeah why even have a red dash???? gonna look super stupid on anything with conflicting body color............amazes me sometimes how factory can be so good and so stupid all at the same time!!:cwl::cwl:

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered and don’t care about the red dash (granite exterior) but sure would like to get clarification on the Rubi wheels. I want all black like many others so I ordered standard in accordance with Jeep marketing.

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
5398740C-5300-4671-8928-D41350AB21D7.jpeg
I'm curious, with the sub to the side on the 4 door, does the underfloor storage return?
Much bigger than before.
Sponsored