Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU MSRP price shown on window sticker

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
It looks like a (almost) fully loaded Sahara will be $46K which is not too bad and puts pricing close to the $2,550 increase we expected.

But if the base price for the Sahara is $45K then I'm definitely canceling my order and buying a Raptor

FCA just tell us how much the thing costs. Not everything has to be a "grand reveal".
lol, even the "grand reveal" wasn't all that grand considering the countdown and all. $35K base price is the right price. There shouldn't be a $2500 price hike to begin with just because they added standard features. Jeep should get with the current times and not charge a premium price for standard features. Jeep may be forgetting that the JK is not just outdated...its very outdated. We are starting to see backup cameras come standard in Toyotas, Hondas, etc. There shouldn't be a premium price hike for this stuff just because it was an option on previous models.
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like a (almost) fully loaded Sahara will be $46K which is not too bad and puts pricing close to the $2,550 increase we expected.

But if the base price for the Sahara is $45K then I'm definitely canceling my order and buying a Raptor

FCA just tell us how much the thing costs. Not everything has to be a "grand reveal".
I agree if the Rubicon with a few options comes close to the Raptor pricing, I will end up with a Raptor. I love my Jeeps/rock crawling, but I can just build up an old XJ and tow it behind the Raptor for the few times a year I actually get to enjoy it. I will miss that open air driving, but I have a motorcycle that will fulfill those needs.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
lol, even the "grand reveal" wasn't all that grand considering the countdown and all. $35K base price is the right price. There shouldn't be a $2500 price hike to begin with just because they added standard features. Jeep should get with the current times and not charge a premium price for standard features. Jeep may be forgetting that the JK is not just outdated...its very outdated. We are starting to see backup cameras come standard in Toyotas, Hondas, etc. There shouldn't be a premium price hike for this stuff just because it was an option on previous models.
Yea that was the worst reveal of all time. Epic Fail. No online configurator, no pricing, the only thing we learned was there's a electric version coming out in 2 years...

Back up camera's are now a government mandate required for all vehicles built after March 2018 that's how outdated the wrangler is!

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Guys for each trim level like Sahara there are a bunch of sub-trims that have option groups included. So the "base price" listed in these photos maybe already contains those options for that sub-trim level.

I think you're looking at around $3,000 more for a JL than an equivalent JK.

I wouldn't freak out and next time just wait for the configurator tool to be posted online before buying.

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
hmm looking at the VIN here:
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C4HJXEG5JW100947

it reads
Dana M186 Front Axle
Dana M200 Rear Axle
For me, the above is the worst news I'm seeing in this thread. I think the widespread panic about a "base price" of $45,000 is unwarranted, because this sticker clearly includes a bunch of options. On the other hand the possibility of having 186mm and 200mm ring gears as standard equipment on the Sahara, when the expectation was set at 205mm and 8.5" just a few months ago (see link below), is disappointing.

Sponsored

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We ran the VIN through the tracker. This is a company car and hot coded. It shipped to vehicle control services so it's a production vehicle that they sent through for quality control. I assume that MSRP is with all the options listed even though they aren't broken down. It would be spot on.

Here's the tracking info on it:

JLU Sahara Tracking Info.png

Last edited:

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Additionally, that helps with what I've seen below. Nothing broken down, but the MSRP for this type of build would be pretty close to what we were expecting. 1.jpg

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Additionally, that helps with what I've seen below. Nothing broken down, but the MSRP for this type of build would be pretty close to what we were expecting. 1.jpg
$45K and $50K is a pretty significant difference especially for the Sahara.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

I think you are spot-on. If base is 45, they won't make the 280,000 volume their wanting. I think that price included the options. Add 1500 for the auto and you'll see a loaded Sahara for about 47. That's about what was expected.

I ain't worried.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
$45K and $50K is a pretty significant difference especially for the Sahara.
The one up there is a Rubicon. Not fully loaded but well equipped. Seems right for what was expected. I expect the Sahara and this Rubicon are showing correct all in MSRP values.

Sponsored

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
I didn't see it mentioned earlier (but also I haven't had my morning coffee yet so I could have missed it) but the MSRP of that vehicle on the sticker is the base price + destination charge. My guess based on knowing absolutely nothing is that the MSRP is correct and the base price was/is calculated backwards on this sticker... because there's no way options would be free. ;)

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
There shouldn't be a $2500 price hike to begin with just because they added standard features. Jeep should get with the current times and not charge a premium price for standard features.
Don't forget the Jeep has pretty regularly increased the prices on the JK, and not only just once at the beginning of the model year.

Jeep might have been a bit conservative with the 2018 JK price increase this time around, at only about $500. IMHO, the 2018 JL pricing is pretty consistent with that we have been seeing.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one up there is a Rubicon. Not fully loaded but well equipped. Seems right for what was expected. I expect the Sahara and this Rubicon are showing correct all in MSRP values.
I got scared for a second but yea I'm expecting to pay around $50K for my Rubicon. Hopefully a bit under!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget the Jeep has pretty regularly increased the prices on the JK, and not only just once at the beginning of the model year.

Jeep might have been a bit conservative with the 2018 JK price increase this time around, at only about $500. IMHO, the 2018 JL pricing is pretty consistent with that we have been seeing.
You are right. I paid the same price for my 2012 as I did for my 2016(both Rubicons.) Now, the 2012 was an automatic and came almost fully loaded minus the body colored top/fenders & leather(The earlier years the Rubicon came with a decent sound system standard.) My 2016 was a 6spd manual, with the only other option being the U-Connect and a hard top. The 2016 came with the crappiest factory stereo I have ever had in a newer vehicle. To outfit it similar to my 2012 would have cost me an additional $3-4k

SamJ

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR- 6 Speed
Seems like they haven't nailed down pricing for the options which is why the pricing isn't live online. All official production vehicles have to go out with this window sticker. Probably a way to manually override the pricing system where someone who placed this order gave a rough $45,000 estimate. I wouldn't panic, the management at jeep knows they are doing. It's unfortunate that we have to wait for pricing but soon enough it will come!

See below MSRP for this Sahara was $45,465.

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 2.52.58 PM.png
Sponsored