Sponsored

How can you tell which kit is the newest Mopar 2" lift kit???

FireCapt304Ret

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Attached are two photos of 2" JLU suspension lift kits, but on two different vendor sites. How does a person know that they are getting the most recent Mopar lift kit? Here are the examples:

IMG_2451.jpg
IMG_2452.jpg
Sponsored

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I believe the bottom one is the updated kit due to the two correction pads above the right two springs. Someone else my chime in and correct me.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
I was told by the dealer that they were told to look at the date stamp on the box to determine if the kit is the updated model.

OP
OP
FireCapt304Ret

FireCapt304Ret

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for both replies. It's so confusing! If you buy online, there is no date to view. Maybe the vendor can supply a date, but what's the cut-off? Mopar's website shows no adjustment ring in their photo of the lift, and other sites do. I want the lift, but I'm holding back because I have no idea what I'm buying. Official communications on this issue has been so vague...

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Thanks for both replies. It's so confusing! If you buy online, there is no date to view. Maybe the vendor can supply a date, but what's the cut-off? Mopar's website shows no adjustment ring in their photo of the lift, and other sites do. I want the lift, but I'm holding back because I have no idea what I'm buying. Official communications on this issue has been so vague...

Same thing for me so I got the RK pads and couldn't be more happy.

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RK06705K

Sponsored

OP
OP
FireCapt304Ret

FireCapt304Ret

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Thanks for the reply, and sharing the product! Can you share some photos of your Mopar kit installed with the RK pads? How long ago did you buy your kit?
Received my lift the first week of June, wasn't sure what was going to happen with the factory spring pad or it's replacement so I went with the RK fix.
Don't really have any good photo's. There are some and more info on the Mopar spring bow thread.

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Attached are two photos of 2" JLU suspension lift kits, but on two different vendor sites. How does a person know that they are getting the most recent Mopar lift kit? Here are the examples:

IMG_2451.jpg
IMG_2452.jpg
The bottom, or on the right, is the newer kit, from what I've seen.

OP
OP
FireCapt304Ret

FireCapt304Ret

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received my lift the first week of June, wasn't sure what was going to happen with the factory spring pad or it's replacement so I went with the RK fix.
Don't really have any good photo's. There are some and more info on the Mopar spring bow thread.

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG
Thank you for posting the photos, Im no expert or experience, but the springs look straight to me...very good looking Jeep also!

OP
OP
FireCapt304Ret

FireCapt304Ret

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bottom, or on the right, is the newer kit, from what I've seen.
I know ET was out of the lift kits for several weeks. They are back in stock as of recent, their website photo of the kit shows a similar photo as the one above with the rings, but theirs is without the ring. That also appears to be whats on the Mopar sight also (no rings), and same part number. I called ET last night and they could not advise the date on their kits, but I'm wondering if the reason there is no ring is due to the spring issue being resolved...I dont know. I was surprised to see the kit with the shock rod/arm protector and different "Fox" decal, as I've never seen these before.

Sponsored

lsmaverick

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG
Awesome looking Jeep! What size tires are you rocking?

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS