Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU MSRP price shown on window sticker

bohlmbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The Vehicle Shipping Order document inside the car says "Company Car" - so maybe this is not what real buyers will see (hopefully).
Sponsored

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
What scared me was the listing of $45k for the BASE price. With all the options included to get to that final price is is not as scary.
The standard equipment looks pretty bare to me. For $45k. No auto trans, no hardtop, no LEDs, no LSD...

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
instead of having different trims like sport/sahara/rubicon, the wrangler is one vehicle that should be bare bones, with a list of options that a customer can apply if they want...ranging from leather seats to steel bumpers and everything in-between, and adjust the pricing accordingly. The fact that some options are available on certain trims while others are not is frustrating for the consumer and a money maker for these industries.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
If the base price is true, I'm curious what your next move would be - Go down to a Sport S or maybe even a JK?
Definitely not a JK just because its an outgoing model. I would look into the Sport, or scratch the Wrangler altogether and look at a 4runner or a used FJ.
However, with some tweaking of the my lease plan, something a little affordable for my payments may be possible.
As we punched numbers with my dealer, our guess-timate was 5k down, 39month lease, and about $380 a month. I told the dealer to guesstimate the payment according to the $2500 price hike along with some of the options I got with pricing compared to the current JK, and those were the numbers they came up with.
I gave $500 deposit and have it written as "refundable" incase the payments dont meet my ballpark of affordability.
But since I plan on buying/keeping the JL in the long run anyway, stretching the lease plan from 39months to 48months is an option for me to keep the monthly payments low.
They need to hurry up and release the pricing.

Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
I would guess this sticker is there just to fulfill some monroney regs, and they had to spitball a price to complete the monroney sticker. For whatever reason this car isn't a prototype and has to have a sticker.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
The Vehicle Shipping Order document inside the car says "Company Car" - so maybe this is not what real buyers will see (hopefully).
Over the years, I have seen many "special" window stickers on vehicles which haven't been officially announced yet. These are basically shipped a little early so that dealer will have them in time to put into their showrooms on announcement day. Back when I was a bit more adventurous, I would find these vehicles "hidden" out back behind the dealership, mingled in with the older vehicles.

I would say this is simply Jeep's way of doing the same. Its officially a vehicle owned by Jeep, and thus its tag of "Company Car", which means that even a errant dealer could not sell it early. Now the official announcement behind us, Jeep should be issuing this JL a real window sticker, and this dealer will replace this "special" one.

Last edited:

dmarker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not a bad price for all those options.

Sponsored

Dawgfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83GMCS15, 2001 Honda Civic Coupe, 2008 Nissan Altima.
Since they have not announced pricing my guess is they will be monitoring forums like this to try to get a feeling on how much they can increase the price and not lose the fan base. They want to sell more JLs than JKs so they will need to keep prices in a reasonable range to accomplish that goal.

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody
I don't know about all of you - but I was happy just to see a Sahara get built with the 6MT! #SaveTheManuals

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It looks like a (almost) fully loaded Sahara will be $46K which is not too bad and puts pricing close to the $2,550 increase we expected.

But if the base price for the Sahara is $45K then I'm definitely canceling my order and buying a Raptor

FCA just tell us how much the thing costs. Not everything has to be a "grand reveal".

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper