OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
....I've heard people say they're getting Rock chips when they're painted I know people are doing that I read
We have quite a few rock chips on our black plastic rear fenders already and we haven't even taken it offroad yet to pick up real rocks. These chips are just from normal daily driving. I expect it to get worse as larger rocks are flung out of the tires after an offroad trip. We aren't 100% sure how we will address this yet or avoid it, but we are exploring options.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Took delivery on Monday. Black top w/ white fenders.

1AEA5DF4-DEDB-4792-886C-0F1AE2100E71.jpeg
Looking good!! I dig the black top/white fender combo.

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We have quite a few rock chips on our black plastic rear fenders already and we haven't even taken it offroad yet to pick up real rocks. These chips are just from normal daily driving. I expect it to get worse as larger rocks are flung out of the tires after an offroad trip. We aren't 100% sure how we will address this yet or avoid it, but we are exploring options.
One of my buddies had the fender flares on her jK Rhino Lined. They guy only charged her a couple hundred bucks. I'll probably be doing the same with mine. Whenever it arrives.

JDK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Tacoma, 2008 Shelby GT
I did. The Tacoma is mine, as is the STi. The Jeep is technically my Wife's vehicle, but of course I will play with it plenty! lol But she had been itching to get rid of her 3 series and into a Jeep for a while so she is super stoked on her Jeep and I get to enjoy it whenever I want lol.
I need your wife to speak with mine! The lease on her GMC is up in a few months and I’ve been working her hard to look at a Sahara.

I also have a Tacoma, TRDOR, but I’m not thrilled with it. Looking at both The JK and JL to replace it.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Just get some vinyl wrap and put a piece on there, I did that to my JK and lasted 5 years no problems.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That's why i didn't want to get the painted fenders. i didn't want to have to mess with putting the clear wrap on them

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase