Which are the best light cubes

Doobiedoo12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JlU
I'm going to order a set of dual light cubes and use the artech mount but I am a noob when it comes to these lights. Can anyone advise which light cubes are the top quality lights to use?
Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You are going to get a lot of opinions on this one. Everything from the ebay ones, which can run forever or die in a day to major manufacturers like rigid, KC, etc... Personally I like the guys from inspired engineering. They make a good product, not cheap but not overpriced and take care of you.

OP
OP

Doobiedoo12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JlU
That is basically what I am looking for. I've read a lot about the lights and I am worried about picking the right one for that reason.

YFZ909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I run the baja designs squadron pros (4 white driving/combo and 1 amber driving/combo) on my Gen 2 raptor and they are legit

OP
OP

Doobiedoo12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JlU
Flood or spot? I figure no need for spot since they dont swivel still.

Also 6 lights total?

Sponsored

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have run or seen most brands, except baja designs....while many (like aurora) use the same chips and have quality PCBs, rigid, by far, has the best coating. After 6 years, my rigid dually's are still nice and black, while every other brand of Chinese lights (not talking about the actual quality of the light output) has faded badly. Aurora leds have proven to be as good if not brighter than some of the rigids, for much less money, but rigids really are "buy once, buy right." Now, do I think the rigids are worth 200% more than the other competitors? Definitely not. Do the rigids put out 200% more light? Absolutely not. But do I want to install a product and forget it, knowing that it will not fade or have issues down the line? Sure. Is that worth a 200% premium? That's a question for the individual.

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Baja Designs XL80s here. I cannot claim they're the best as they're the only ones I've had, but I've been very satisfied. Warranty is exceptional.

OP
OP

Doobiedoo12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JlU
I like the Rigid Side Shooters. The Artec Mounts won't allow you to turn them out at all and I wanted coverage on the sides as well. Very happy!

JLUR.jpg
What front bumper did you add to your car? it looks really nice.

Sponsored

klaffey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Thanks! It is the Rock Hard Patriot Aluminum. A little pricey but I was able to sell my factory bumper for $600 and I didn't have to use a Blue Ox Baseplate which is about $450 as I tow it behind my Motor Coach. In my opinion the Blue Ox Base Plate doesn't look as clean as the Rock Hard Bumper and also has less clearance. So net/net it worked out. The Rock Hard Bumper also weighs about a 1/3 of the weight of the factory bumper so with the winch you are still lighter than the factory setup with no winch. It all made sense to me.

klaffey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also went full width as I tow it and I felt it gave me a little more protection and matched up well with the fender mounted lights. Just my opinion.

OP
OP

Doobiedoo12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JlU
I am going to look that up tonight for sure.

OP
OP

Doobiedoo12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JlU
So today I ordered my mount and Light cubes, but I ran into a snag. I didnt notice that there wasnt any A pillar Switch Pods available for the JL and im having a hard time finding any switch pods at all. What is everyone using for their switch pods? I am at a loss.

klaffey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So today I ordered my mount and Light cubes, but I ran into a snag. I didnt notice that there wasnt any A pillar Switch Pods available for the JL and im having a hard time finding any switch pods at all. What is everyone using for their switch pods? I am at a loss.
I installed the Mopar Aux Switch Kit, again a little pricey at about $275 plus another $80 for the flash but very clean and functional. Used two for the lights and have two left for other accessories.
Sponsored