Sponsored

Soft top install instructions

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
anyone have or know where to find some detail instructions on how to install?
Sponsored

Safemonkey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, Previously had 2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Great video

dvwriter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk’n JLUR Rubicon, Ford Flex
Occupation
Journalist, Educator, Trainer
The one problem we had using that video was removing the rear wiper control line on the hardtop which locks. Check the user manual if you have trouble...

OP
OP

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
Thanks for posting the video. Installed it today in just over 30 minutes.

Couple questions,

Anyone actually use the straps to roll up the rear window?

Do most put the top bolts back in the tub rails or not?

Any issues stretching the top to the front latches on first install, I'm about 1/2" short?

Is there any use in keeping the protective cover it is wrapped in out of the box?

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Thanks for posting the video. Installed it today in just over 30 minutes.

Couple questions,

Anyone actually use the straps to roll up the rear window?

Do most put the top bolts back in the tub rails or not?

Any issues stretching the top to the front latches on first install, I'm about 1/2" short?

Is there any use in keeping the protective cover it is wrapped in out of the box?
The straps are for when it's in sunrider position.

First install, I had to have my wife pull/hang from the top to get it to close. It was very tight!

I kept the cover for when I take it off in the winter.

Sponsored

OP
OP

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4

First install, I had to have my wife pull/hang from the top to get it to close. It was very tight!

There are loop straps that snap above rear window. Wasn't sure if anyone's has used these

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I had two sets of straps. One to hold the top down in the Sunrider position, and the second are to hold the rear window when it is "rolled" up. Since you can't really roll it up, those second set of straps (w/ a snap on them) are kind of useless. I got the rear window to "loop" up but not much else. See pics.
Rear1.jpg

Rear3.jpg

OP
OP

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
Ah that's right, I haven't used those since you can't really roll up the windows
That is what I thought.

Finally got the top closed all the way with the windows on and noticed the drivers side rear window surround, rear most pin isn't seated all the way in the pan. Don't think water could get in as it is behind window and above where window snaps into groove. Anyone else notice this?

I'm thinking about getting the jtops boot for when I have it all the way down and off the track. Anyone buy one of these yet? Had one on my jk and definitely helps keep inside of top from getting all grimey.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Back window upright straps notwithstanding...

I've found little need for the sunrider straps, barring a stiff crosswind, or maybe doing "donuts" in the parking lot in reverse.;)

FWIW, I have the premium soft top. I can't speak for the basic one.

Does anyone feel otherwise? Strong incentive for the top to stay in sunrider position, it seems to me, comes from the forward momentum of the rig, and the wind that generates.

FWIW, I have a bikini top underneath to keep it cooler and block the direct UV rays of the
sun.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Dual top question: When you install the soft top hardware, then switch back to the hard top in the winter, do you have to remove anything besides the soft top canopy section to switch to the hard top? Is there plenty of room between the installed tracks for the soft top, etc. and the hard top?

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Dual top question: When you install the soft top hardware, then switch back to the hard top in the winter, do you have to remove anything besides the soft top canopy section to switch to the hard top? Is there plenty of room between the installed tracks for the soft top, etc. and the hard top?
Everything has to come off except for the 2 brackets on the rear down-angle sport cage.

Also for others, I do roll my rear window, its a little awkward, but does roll up. I'll try to remember to snap a picture. It keeps it out the way when running "Safari mode" as the bar is too big to lay flat in the trunk area (Maybe if you removed the bar from the window it would work).

And for me the C-pillar soft top plastic piece is a little loose to the tub (driver side). Next yeah I think I will add a piece of foam between it (rattles a bit, more on door opening or door off situations.

And yes the rear window seems to be just a bit long that the 2 short channel pieces don't stay snug to tub. :)

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You have to remove everything except the metal brackets that attach to the rear rollbars. Door surrounds and tailgate bar holders will need to be removed.
Thanks for the fast replies MacombRoger and fdisker2000.

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
Removing the soft top from the Jeep is a Pain in the A$$. I wish I had kept the black wrap that the soft top had around it in the box. I recently put my hard top back on and when removing the soft top, it is a bit unruly, even with two people. I highly recommend either reusing the black wrap that came with it or finding velco straps to strap it together and to the side frame before trying to take it off.
Sponsored