Sponsored

Here’s all the damage to our jeep so far.

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
The jeeps has taken a beating and here is all the damages. We will make a video and list of upgrades we recommend

Considering where it's been that's not bad. We saw one of your first JL videos and started watching based on two things, 1) excellent driving. The obstacles are challenging but you're not abusing the drivetrain at all. 2) You have an excellent spotter. She's excellent at picking the best line for you. You two make a great team. Thanks for sharing the videos and info.

p.s. Susan and I didn't have anone drift at our wedding but we did take our honeymoon in a CJ7. :jk:

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
You guys seriously rock! Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but it looks like upgraded skid plates would be a necessity if people want to do anything close to what you guys do. I just wonder if there have been some things that have given you guys issues getting over (which there are very few from what I have seen in all the videos) would have been much easier with upgraded skids. Things just wouldn't get caught as much.

On a side note, FCA should seriously consider putting you guys on the payroll for product testing and consulting. You certainly put their product (only modestly modified) to the real world test.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
How about before buying any more parts you invest in a mechanic’s creeper so your wife doesn’t have to scooch along on her back under the Jeep? Lol.

Are you guys going to consider a high tuck exhaust that eliminates the big low hanging rear muffler and tail pipe? I noticed that the RockHard belly pan skid claims that they’ve strengthened the integrated cross members in 2 places.
http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90509.htm

Looks like a full belly pan and diff covers would have taken almost all the trail damage that you’ve got. That’s good to know because those are on my list of things going on before ever hitting a trail. Thanks for being our guinea pig and sharing the info.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Considering where it's been that's not bad. We saw one of your first JL videos and started watching based on two things, 1) excellent driving. The obstacles are challenging but you're not abusing the drivetrain at all. 2) You have an excellent spotter. She's excellent at picking the best line for you. You two make a great team. Thanks for sharing the videos and info.

p.s. Susan and I didn't have anone drift at our wedding but we did take our honeymoon in a CJ7. :jk:
Awesome, thanks for watching.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You guys seriously rock! Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but it looks like upgraded skid plates would be a necessity if people want to do anything close to what you guys do. I just wonder if there have been some things that have given you guys issues getting over (which there are very few from what I have seen in all the videos) would have been much easier with upgraded skids. Things just wouldn't get caught as much.

On a side note, FCA should seriously consider putting you guys on the payroll for product testing and consulting. You certainly put their product (only modestly modified) to the real world test.
Maybe I can get an email or phone number to contact them and give that to our viewers to ask forcthat on our behalf. That would be awesome.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How about before buying any more parts you invest in a mechanic’s creeper so your wife doesn’t have to scooch along on her back under the Jeep? Lol.

Are you guys going to consider a high tuck exhaust that eliminates the big low hanging rear muffler and tail pipe? I noticed that the RockHard belly pan skid claims that they’ve strengthened the integrated cross members in 2 places.

Looks like a full belly pan and diff covers would have taken almost all the trail damage that you’ve got. That’s good to know because those are on my list of things going on before ever hitting a trail. Thanks for being our guinea pig and sharing the info.
There are a few skid systems on the market and we’re contacting all the companies to see if they want to provide us with a set to test out. We haven’t had much love from anyone yet so I’m curious if they think their product won’t hold up to our abuse or they just simply don’t think we would be a beneficial partnership even though I know our videos would sell a few systems without a doubt. Yes to the rock crawler exhaust.
And if you buy diff covers please buy them from Motobilt. Tell them we sent you pretty please. We have some good video to shoot because of them and their diff covers are the most beastly thing I’ve ever seen. You will be in shock when you see them. They are also only $100. We’re doing a torture test video when we get back from New York next month.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Oh ya and the creeper, that’s a good idea. I don’t want to spoil her though.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Maybe I can get an email or phone number to contact them and give that to our viewers to ask forcthat on our behalf. That would be awesome.
Yes! That would be a win/win for everyone...FCA, you guys, and the consumer. Let's make it happen!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
There are a few skid systems on the market and we’re contacting all the companies to see if they want to provide us with a set to test out. We haven’t had much love from anyone yet so I’m curious if they think their product won’t hold up to our abuse or they just simply don’t think we would be a beneficial partnership even though I know our videos would sell a few systems without a doubt. Yes to the rock crawler exhaust.
And if you buy diff covers please buy them from Motobilt. Tell them we sent you pretty please. We have some good video to shoot because of them and their diff covers are the most beastly thing I’ve ever seen. You will be in shock when you see them. They are also only $100. We’re doing a torture test video when we get back from New York next month.
I look forward to the video with your impressions of the Motobilt diff covers and I’ll give them consideration. They appear extremely well built and are attractively priced compared to all other options.

Sponsored

deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLUR and purchased the RockHard4x4 skid system. After a few hours yesterday, it was apparent the system does not fit a Rubicon. The rear cross member did not fit around the gas tank, nor did the front cross member's bolt holes line up. Returning ASAP.

I'm thinking about the M.O.R.E setup now, but before puliing the trigger, I'd love to see if anyone else has tried it to ensure fit on a JLUR.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
You guys are great. I've seen your videos on Youtube. Looks like you are having a blast.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I have a JLUR and purchased the RockHard4x4 skid system. After a few hours yesterday, it was apparent the system does not fit a Rubicon. The rear cross member did not fit around the gas tank, nor did the front cross member's bolt holes line up. Returning ASAP.

I'm thinking about the M.O.R.E setup now, but before puliing the trigger, I'd love to see if anyone else has tried it to ensure fit on a JLUR.
I put the artec aluminum skids on and they fit perfect. No drilling or cutting. One corner both required some effort but really smooth other than getting straps to to hold the tank up. Northridge did a good write up on the install.

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

What’s the MORE system?
I can get you a discount with Artec Industries skid system. Message me privately
Sponsored