Sponsored

2018 Wrangler Drops Camo, Shows Backup Camera, Roofline, Grab Handles, Signs of Foldable Windshield

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler Drops Camo, Shows Backup Camera, Roofline, Grab Handles, Signs of Foldable Windshield {filename}

The rear end looks like it might be very round/bubbly/sexy, I hope it's not just the clothes making it look that way!
Sponsored

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Slightly more rounded window edges on the JLU.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler Drops Camo, Shows Backup Camera, Roofline, Grab Handles, Signs of Foldable Windshield {filename}

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
I'm one of the dudes who doesn't like the rear door on JKU. A fold down tailgate would be much more welcome.
I'd prefer fold down tailgate too but hard to do when the spare tire is mounted on the tailgate. Spare would have to be moved up or rear bumper lowered to allow clearance. Plus didn't we already see a JLU prototype with a swinging tailgate?

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
Of all the things on the side to cover up interesting that they hide the hinges and door handles. What could it possibly be hiding? Keyless entry? Better not be any chrome hinges or anything like that.

Sponsored

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No chrome hinges, but they are definitely hiding something...
Just a different hinge design maybe? I can't imagine what the big mystery could be with door handles.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Non removable door hinges maybe? seems likely if the hardtop is gone and non removable now....
Wow I sure hope not but the gutter rail could also have something to do with non removable roof and then the hinges being covered would make sense.

Sponsored

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
Good to know that the hinges will be the same!

Here's an image we can now share showing what’s under the camouflage of the production vehicle, with a comparison to the JKU roof line (below it). This is not photoshopped.

Wait. What? Ok let's see THAT full picture! Please? Pretty please?

FiftyFive0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Chevy Tahoe
Very interesting...I second that full image be posted. That also confirms the roof edge in the rear is more rounded and even looks like it doesn't come straight down but angles outward.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
I wish the tires were BFG All Terrain like on the other prototypes. Not a big fan of the Bridgestone Duelers. Swapped them out on mine right away.

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's shaping up to look a lot like this render.

If the roof panels can be removed like this and rear window can be taken off, I may actually use it more TBH. The hardtop stays on nearly all the time as it is. Even during warmer months here the panels come off only occasionally because most times I don't have an extra set of hands to remove the entire top.