Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe this is dumb, but I thought you could just have the unpainted black fenders painted at a later date. Are the painted fenders a different material? That's unfortunate... :crying:
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Maybe this is dumb, but I thought you could just have the unpainted black fenders painted at a later date. Are the painted fenders a different material? That's unfortunate... :crying:
The painted fender (unpainted when purchased) and non-painted fenders are different part numbers and material/finish. I don not think the non-painted fenders with the ruffer texture will hold paint without peeling.

Last edited:

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Look into part # 82215740. Looking at the Mopar accessory book now and that's that part # it shows for 4dr fender flares with a paintable surface.
And thatā€™s for the JL? Iā€™m basically looking for the fender flares that would come stock on the Sahara white with the black bottom. I also havenā€™t been able to even get my hands on a JL parts book

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
The painted fender (unpainted when purchased) and non-painted fenders are different part numbers and material/finish. I don not think the non-painted fenders with the ruffer texture will hold paint with out peeling.
Oh well, my original plan was to get after-market fenders anyway, so I did not want to spend extra on painted ones. I really want metal fenders. But the after-market choices have not been coming out. For me, I really want something that continues to use the stock fender light set up. Probably too much to ask.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
And thatā€™s for the JL? Iā€™m basically looking for the fender flares that would come stock on the Sahara white with the black bottom. I also havenā€™t been able to even get my hands on a JL parts book
I think (that is think, NOT KNOW) that black bottom is a separate trim part that fits both the painted and non-painted fenders.

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Painted. I have a black jeep and the painted look works much better for me. Plus, I. Texas heat, this plastic ones get grey very quickly.

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
I opted for painted and after a few off-road trips after the rain, they ended up looking like @Peanut Butter pictures of his jeep. So I opted to have the rear fenders covered in 3M protective film. Locally, it runs about $200 for just the rear fenders, which to me is well worth the cost. The protective film that comes on the fenders from the factory is way too small, doesn't cover the entire paint surface and really actually just sucks. I don't regret getting the painted fenders but be prepared for little niks and scratches if you take it off-road.

Gilroy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I vote black. Like everything else its a personal preference but I liked how the black "went" with my Tank Green JKU and I like the contrast with my new Punk'n JLUR. Without the contrast on this orange I don't think I could look directly at it!

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Hi guys, new here. Iā€™m trying to decide between firecracker red and ocean blue but thatā€™s another topic for another thread.

Iā€™m first trying to decide between body colored fenders and top or standard black. Are there benefits to one over the other? Do you guys think one looks better than the other? Does one age better than another? Iā€™m so indecisive lol. Thanks for your input.
The black matte ones hardly scratch at all. Very durable. Does the body color ones scratch?
You better believe they do!

jaben

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
$350 for body color fenders is a no brainer for me. The standard ones fade over time.
Lemon Pledge furniture takes them back. I learnt that from my Triumph Motorcycle form members. Worked on the bike parts and works on the Jeep. Had an 08 JKUR since new and traded on my 18 JLUR.

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Now that I have lived with the black fenders on my white Jeep for a while, I realized that I like the look of the white more, BUT my Jeep likes to beat herself up. There is already a scratch on one fender, and it would be very obvious on a painted fender. On the black, it barely shows.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Painted top and fenders! And when I need a change...put on the soft top and I have a bit of both! Painted fenders just look complete (in my opinion)...

121DDB84-DC3F-48E8-8369-40676406CB63.jpeg

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Painted screams commuter car to me. Probably too afraid to even go crawling at the mall. Too refined for a Wrangler.

Just my opinion as asked.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Painted fenders were not an option on my TJ. They came factory...even my trailer has painted fenders and we are not headed to the mall...

57866FB3-301B-458E-8776-3795849A3BE4.jpeg
Sponsored