Sponsored

Official: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Specs, Info, Wallpapers...

Rubiwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jkur
The wheels should fit fine if you have a big hammer.
Sponsored

Sponsored

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Gah, 3500lbs towing kills it for me, I'll have to wait for the truck. Amazing that my mom's Grand Cherokee with the same engine and transmission, 4" shorter wheelbase, weaker axles and weaker frame can tow 6500lbs (and tows without issue) and this can only tow 3500. Makes no sense. Only things I can think of limiting it are the removable top or inadequate cooling.

kevinspocket

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler Sport, 2016 Jeep Patriot Sport SE
My guess on the diesel is that they will only be installing it on the assembly line that is still making the JK's, so it won't be available until they switch that line over to producing JLU's.
The JK line is going to make the JT once the JK is done... so I don't think that makes a difference with the diesel JL

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Because I think the smarter move is up the base $1200-$1400 to give everyone the automatic, and then upcharge people for something they use to get for free. people getting the automatic will think they are getting a deal because they don't have to pay for the "upgrade" anymore, and you make money off something you hadn't before by screwing the enthusiasts. seems like a good business model to me.
Except manual transmissions are way cheaper so that would make 0 sense.

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
A little off topic but I noticed that Jeep tweaked their Build & Price tool within the last couple of hours. You no longer can select a 2018 JK from the menu even though the label is there, it's not clickable. The 2018 JK Build & Price is still on the website, you just have to do some editing of the URL. That said, is it possible we see Build & Price for the JL on the website after the reveal this afternoon?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
So, the trillions and trillions of aftermarket wheels for the JK, will not fit the new JL? Or is 14mm close enough to 1/2 inch, that it doesn't matter in the real world?
Technically, shouldn’t the wheels still mount and seat similarly, it would just be the lug nuts that might need replacing for the added 1mm depth?

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Gah, 3500lbs towing kills it for me, I'll have to wait for the truck. Amazing that my mom's Grand Cherokee with the same engine and transmission, 4" shorter wheelbase, weaker axles and weaker frame can tow 6500lbs (and tows without issue) and this can only tow 3500. Makes no sense. Only things I can think of limiting it are the removable top or inadequate cooling.
It is not the drivetrain, it is the suspension. You can’t make a soft suspension that excels off-road that is also able to tow heavy loads. Wranglers will never be good tow machines as long as off road prowess is a priority. Those of us buying Jeeps to do Jeep things are greatful for this.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The pic of the Sahara shows the 4H part time and 4H Full time. So did the owners manual. So i think thr Sahara had select trac 1.
2H
4H Auto
4H Part Time
Neutral
4L

Why is Jeep calling it "Part Time"? That doesn't seem to make any sense.

44.jpg

55.jpg

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
They didn't say anything about the pentastar being the update version. Do we know for sure that it is?
If the details provider on page 1 are accurate it’s the PUG, the compression ratio is higher than the old Pentastar.

We know the Build Sheet says Upgrade I.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Yes it's the ones on the fenders.
Sponsored