Sponsored

Premium soft top melting in this heatwave.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I nearly spit out my food when I read it was 94. Lol. You guys up north should Never, Ever talk about us, in the south, not being able to drive in snow. I went out for a 5 mile run today. 95 with 80% humidity. My little,10 lb, dog was tired but made the run. My two bigger dogs beat me home. 105 Is Hot. 95 and below is outside weather!
95F and 80% humidity? So, it was an early morning run? :)

Now, we really should put it in perspective for our Yankee brethren... If you live here for any length of time, you slowly evolve *gills*...
Sponsored

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
95F and 80% humidity? So, it was an early morning run? :)

Now, we really should put it in perspective for our Yankee brethren... If you live here for any length of time, you slowly evolve *gills*...
No. Cold front came through! It’s been awesome! Low of 76 high 95. My daughter needed a sweatshirt!

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm in central Florida and the windows do not look the same as when I bought it....

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I guess one advantage of being in tx is I haven’t put my top on since May. So no window issue here. Has anyone out there windshield down? I’m think about buying the straps. Any thoughts on driving with it down?

Bondshasha

First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Weird. I don’t have a premium top but after all the rain we had this spring, I didn’t have one issue? Maybe you should talk to the dealer?
I just picked my jeep up from dealer .... they just looked at me and said nothing we can do about that. Also, CarPlay still doesn’t not work even after software update. During my last trip I piled my Topo maps in the passenger seat..... the extremely thin leather material that is used tore from the weight of a few books..... not worth the $$$$$ paid!

On the performance end however ...... I am more than pleased!
Sponsored