wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
[QUOTE="USAFChiefret,

That looks great, you order the exact same thing as I’d did, ocean blue Rubi with a black top and body color fenders. I can hardly wait.
Sponsored

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
2-door JL Sport (red) + air-conditioning + anti-spin diff + hardtop

Fairly basic...
My build is almost the same with the addition of the tow package and being Mojito but minus the hardtop. Ordered one day after yours and there's been no movement on mine either.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
My build is almost the same with the addition of the tow package and being Mojito but minus the hardtop. Ordered one day after yours and there's been no movement on mine either.
It's a CONSPIRACY !!!

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
[QUOTE="USAFChiefret,

That looks great, you order the exact same thing as I’d did, ocean blue Rubi with a black top and body color fenders. I can hardly wait.
I have the same build but in a 2 door Rubi. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

sjgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Nothing really... This is what I received a few days later (the red text is my doing, which sums up the so-called "escalation"):

Dear Customer:

Case #: 3459xxxx

VIN: 1C4HJXFG9xxxxxxxx

Vehicle Description: JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED SPORT UTILITY 4-DOOR

2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON VIN: 1C4HJXFG9xxxxxxxx CASE #: 3459xxxx Dear Mark: Congratulations! We are excited you have chosen the 2018 All-New Jeep Wrangler and want to welcome you to the Jeep Family. We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on your unique, specific configuration. Our resources indicate your vehicle is currently in storage. This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide any updates as they become available. The All-New Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler surges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

To reply to this email, please use the link below:
http://chrysler.com/contactus/twowaycommunication/validatedatakey.do?dataKey=<removed>

Sincerely,
NICOLE
Customer Assistance Center​

I did get a hold of the dealer today, who is now stating that the Jeep in storage is waiting on a reinforced spare tire carrier... I would have thought JS-status meant already built, but who knows at this point... :(
This is my exact email from the same person -- minus your red insert :(

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is my exact email from the same person -- minus your red insert :(
You would think that for a form letter, they would proofread it and know that there is a difference between "maybe" and "may be".

Banjoedan

First Name
Joe Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
I ordered JL Sport S 2.0T OB on 2/8, got built, burnt up, cloned, nothing! Ordered OB JLRubi on 6/19, D1 for a while. Several folks ordered and delivered around same time. Dunno if it's 2-door or just my luck.
[QUOTE="USAFChiefret,

That looks great, you order the exact same thing as I’d did, ocean blue Rubi with a black top and body color fenders. I can hardly w

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Omg. My Jeep is on the dealer website. It’s both exciting and freaking me out. I got to call them Monday and get it taken down.
They need to hide that link from the public...meaning when potential customers look at inventory on the dealer's site, they should NOT see your vehicle. It will be on the site but only if you google the VIN...then you will have a direct link. But if you can search their inventory and find it that way, definitely ask them to remove it from public view if viewing their inventory the normal way.

lorlik

First Name
Leonid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (Sold), 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR White
Does anyone know if JB status is a normal part of the process or is that an exception where the build always gets stuck for unknown amount of time?

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Does anyone know if JB status is a normal part of the process or is that an exception where the build always gets stuck for unknown amount of time?
JB is coded as "shipped to vendor" which usually means there is a third party supplier that install a part or accessory. For example, when I ordered my Ram truck from FCA it went to JB status when it was sent over to the supplier for the spray-in bedliner as that is not done as part of the assembly - it took about a week for transport and to have the liner sprayed on. So there must be some aspect of your order that requires a third party vendor to complete - like I said my experience was a week to accomplish the added component.

Sponsored

lorlik

First Name
Leonid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JB is coded as "shipped to vendor" which usually means there is a third party supplier that install a part or accessory. For example, when I ordered my Ram truck from FCA it went to JB status when it was sent over to the supplier for the spray-in bedliner as that is not done as part of the assembly - it took about a week for transport and to have the liner sprayed on. So there must be some aspect of your order that requires a third party vendor to complete - like I said my experience was a week to accomplish the added component.
Thanks for the info. So it sounds like it would happen to any build with similar configuration. The only thing I can think of is the Premium Soft Top. But then, I would think that it's a pretty common configuration and it would make more sense for Jeep to install those then to have Bestop do it for every vehicle. Unfortunately Jeep support couldn't tell me what the part was.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Thanks for the info. So it sounds like it would happen to any build with similar configuration. The only thing I can think of is the Premium Soft Top. But then, I would think that it's a pretty common configuration and it would make more sense for Jeep to install those then to have Bestop do it for every vehicle. Unfortunately Jeep support couldn't tell me what the part was.
The main thin is your vehicle is built - for the most part. BTW what's the configuration - any chance it has the 2.0 turbo 4?

lorlik

First Name
Leonid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The main thin is your vehicle is built - for the most part. BTW what's the configuration - any chance it has the 2.0 turbo 4?
JLUR White w/ matching fenders
V6 w/ Manual transmission
Premium Black Sort Top (no hard top)
Cold weather Group
LED Group
Trailer Group
Safety Group
Keyless entry
OWL tires
All weather floor mats and tub liner

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
Sometime I really don't like being a Canadian. I ordered my Jeep JL on June 19th, only have a VON, no VIN, no update. I contacted Jeep Canada and they said they couldn't do anything and to contact my dealer. My dealer says he tried to contact Jeep a week ago and they havent responded at all. Went to Jeep US and he tried but said he couldn't help me because its a Canadian order and to contact Jeep Canada. We are going around in circles here lol. I don't get why a vehicle made in the same factory as the US ones cant get updated, makes no sense. Cant believe 20 days and I cant get a VIN or even a status update. :( It is a sky one-touch and I heard that the Saharas are being made before the Rubicons, which mine is, so I'm guessing i'm still in D...

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sometime I really don't like being a Canadian. I ordered my Jeep JL on June 19th, only have a VON, no VIN, no update. I contacted Jeep Canada and they said they couldn't do anything and to contact my dealer. My dealer says he tried to contact Jeep a week ago and they havent responded at all. Went to Jeep US and he tried but said he couldn't help me because its a Canadian order and to contact Jeep Canada. We are going around in circles here lol. I don't get why a vehicle made in the same factory as the US ones cant get updated, makes no sense. Cant believe 20 days and I cant get a VIN or even a status update. :( It is a sky one-touch and I heard that the Saharas are being made before the Rubicons, which mine is, so I'm guessing i'm still in D...
If that is the only thing you hate about Canada, I think you're doing pretty good... Personally, that whole "snow up to your 'nads" thing would be the worst for me... :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.