Sponsored

Official: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Specs, Info, Wallpapers...

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
Should we expect any further pictures or information on the power top today?
Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
So the half doors have a big hole in the side, and still no word on what the construction of the uppers will be...
God I hope they offer real half doors also. Cause in reality if the hole is open, then what? I have to carry 4 doors inside my jeep driving several hours to a wheeling spot, then swap? Ridiculous. They have to be closed and see through, right? Am I nuts? Either way the hole is useless from a functional standpoint. While crawling, I don't need to twist and turn to see through a peephole at what's off to the side of my jeep.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
God I hope they offer real half doors also. Cause in reality if the hole is open, then what? I have to carry 4 doors inside my jeep driving several hours to a wheeling spot, then swap? Ridiculous. They have to be closed and see through, right? Am I nuts? Either way the hole is useless from a functional standpoint. While crawling, I don't need to twist and turn to see through a peephole at what's off to the side of my jeep.
They had doors like this on the CJ. It wasn't an opening but plexiglass. It was a cool feature.

whatroads

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 QC 4x4, 2012 Wangler
Standard rear axle is a Dana 35!!??? Are you kidding me? It make the Rubicon the only choice. Now for the transmission. The manual 5.13 first looks very tempting

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
I wonder if the lack of a two door has to do with the size requirements of the SelecTrac transfer case?

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
Any info in regards to rear seats back if they recline or not? as in JK they are too upright?

Sponsored

BMJM100

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hardrock
Occupation
IT Security & Information
Sub on floor is in red jeep. Likely this means the sub will be on the floor in 2 doors. That's my take.
2 doors usually don't have that much room in the cargo area, I could be wrong but my2011 didn't have that much room as my2015 does...my guess both pics are 4 door but one w 10" round sub in right inner wheel well might be an upgrade of sound package?

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
Some miscellaneous tidbits:
  • Half doors are coming for 2019 model year (first for the Rubicon and then for the other trims).
  • Ecodiesel is coming for 2019 model year.
  • Sky One-Touch Power Top features a canopy that scrolls back.
  • Aluminum used on doors, door hinges, front fenders.
  • Rear tail gate is constructed from magnesium.
Oh good the rear tailgate doubles as an emergency fire starter. Haha. Just don't forget your ferrocerium rod.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
So are they calling the AUX wire panel the CB pre-wire?

theonerunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I was really hoping the diesel would slip in there for immediate order. I have to believe it was the #1 coveted item with the redesign. Maybe not. Too bad given the extra long wait. Maybe they’ll pull that rabbit out tomorrow.
It just gives it more time to be refined. While the wait sucks, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Plus half-doors will now be an option for the 2019 model, whereas they aren't for the 2018s. And hopefully the diesels come standard with beefier axles than their gas counterparts.