Sponsored

Official: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Specs, Info, Wallpapers...

Nicor

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I couldn't be happier with what I see so far with the manual. The short throws and the ratios are great! I think I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and tell him to get a 2" Mopar lift and 35" KO2's ready for this thing, right out of the gate!
Me too as soon as I see the colors! :rock:
Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Most interesting thing I noticed is that the overall JL exterior dimensions are bigger than the JK yet the interior room is slightly smaller than the JK:whatsgoingon:

Clearances on the Rubi is improved across the board. :rock: Most likely due to the larger 32.7" tires.

So much to process!!! :computerrage:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Some miscellaneous tidbits:
  • Half doors are coming for 2019 model year (first for the Rubicon and then for the other trims).
  • Ecodiesel is coming for 2019 model year.
  • Sky One-Touch Power Top features a canopy that scrolls back.
  • Aluminum used on doors, door hinges, front fenders.
  • Rear tail gate is constructed from magnesium.

Sponsored

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
the interior remains waterproof—even the fancy new 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment screen. The interior went through multiple 24-hour rain tests with the roof and windshield down to be sure

the front doors are now 18 pounds lighter and the rear doors, if equipped, are 15 pounds lighter. Jeep has also molded a handle into the bottom of the armrests to grab when lifting the doors off

The windshield was made flatter so it doesn’t look like a bowl when folded down, but it was also raked back 7 degrees for better aerodynamics

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Added few more pics:

2018-jeep-wrangler.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-2.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-4.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-5.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-6.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-7.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-3.jpg

Dirtcarver

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 18 Rubicon diesel
I was really hoping the diesel would slip in there for immediate order. I have to believe it was the #1 coveted item with the redesign. Maybe not. Too bad given the extra long wait. Maybe they’ll pull that rabbit out tomorrow.

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
The doors have vinyl-wrapped trims, and the arm rests are longer to make them more comfortable. Also new are lift-assist handles under each door to make removing them easier.

Looking forward to seeing this feature.

Sponsored

Arcoril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
991 C2S, AP2 S2000, B9 A4
Really looking forward to seeing the torque curve on that 2.0T. I'd be more than willing to give up 15 hp at the top end to get 295 lb-ft most of the way through.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
the interior remains waterproof—even the fancy new 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment screen. The interior went through multiple 24-hour rain tests with the roof and windshield down to be sure

the front doors are now 18 pounds lighter and the rear doors, if equipped, are 15 pounds lighter. Jeep has also molded a handle into the bottom of the armrests to grab when lifting the doors off

The windshield was made flatter so it doesn’t look like a bowl when folded down, but it was also raked back 7 degrees for better aerodynamics
Do you know if hardtop is lighter?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Really looking forward to seeing the torque curve on that 2.0T. I'd be more than willing to give up 15 hp at the top end to get 295 lb-ft most of the way through.
Yeah, I’m curious about that too, mentioned it in the question for LA thread, could be interesting.

Here’s the curve for the Giulia;

27CBDB47-044B-497E-B9CC-05C2D3E9E452.jpeg

whit

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
Same here! I Googled a bit just now, but still no curves out there yet that I could find. Ever since I heard about the Turbo I-4 months ago, I basically completely dismissed it. Now that I'm seeing these hp and torque numbers, I can't believe myself, but I'm actually considering it. Really curious to see what the cost of that engine and fuel economy numbers look like, but that won't be a huge factor in my decision.

Sorry if you already saw this, but the max hp / torque for the V6 is at 6,400 / 4,800 rpm, respectively. The max hp / torque for the Torbo I-4 is at 5,250 / 3,000 rpm, respectively. So while not a full torque curve, the I-4 is definitely hitting the max's way lower. Man, that's kind of exciting to think about. Plus, since the V6 is electronically rev limited to 6,600 rpm, it's basically never going to hit that max hp number anyways. It's likely the V6 hp is the same (or even lower) than the Turbo I-4 at any rpm that matters. I can't wait to see the torque curves!

Other than the obvious (more complicated, more things that could break, more expensive to repair, etc), any reason not to go for the Turbo I-4 over the V6?
Sponsored