First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver
I have a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers on order for my JL, but they’re on backorder and not due to ship until the end of the month at the earliest. Looking at the Spidertrax website it appears that, aside from the studs, the components are identical. Since I’m already running JK wheels, am I right in assuming that as long as I use the proper lugnuts for the wheels and the studs, I should be ok? Am I missing something here?

JL wheel spacer

54ufsg.jpg

JK wheel spacer

302rhcn.jpg
Sponsored

DirtyTj

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On its way 2018 JLUR in granite crystal with most everything but smokers group and dual top.2003 Sahara ARB air lockers front and rear, G2 Dana 60 in the rear, Dana 30 with RCV shafts Upfront 4.88 gearing.
I think the wheel studs are a different diameter.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
You shouldn't/can't use JK spacers on a JL !

The JK studs are 1/2"(M12) and the JL are M14 and too long for the spacers !

Whatever

JIMBO

OP
OP
JJexp

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
G650 driver
The answer to this question is yes, you can run JK spacers on your JL. However, this is assuming you’re running JK or similar wheels, which I am. I did need to buy lugs in 14mm x 1.5, because I didn’t feel like cutting the caps off of the factory JL lugs, which would not fit in the spacer lug well.

These are a set of 1.5” SpiderTrax for a JK.

vgo9hy.jpg

The hubs fit snugly into the spacers, and seat flush.

iwrpjs.jpg

2ee8sbk.jpg

No more rubbing at full lock! Tires are Cooper STT Pro’s in 315/70/17 with a RC 2.5” suspension lift.

1216gar.jpg

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Heh Heh, well, wrong again-

That's the last of my erroneous info

Whatever

JIMBO

DocJLU

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The answer to this question is yes, you can run JK spacers on your JL. However, this is assuming you’re running JK or similar wheels, which I am. I did need to buy lugs in 14mm x 1.5, because I didn’t feel like cutting the caps off of the factory JL lugs, which would not fit in the spacer lug well.

These are a set of 1.5” SpiderTrax for a JK.

vgo9hy.jpg

The hubs fit snugly into the spacers, and seat flush.

iwrpjs.jpg

2ee8sbk.jpg

No more rubbing at full lock! Tires are Cooper STT Pro’s in 315/70/17 with a RC 2.5” suspension lift.

1216gar.jpg
Do the lug nuts stick out past the wheel mount surface on the spacer? Can’t tell from the pic. I am looking into spacers as well due to a lack of available wheels with 3.5” of backspacing.

OP
OP
JJexp

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
G650 driver
Do the lug nuts stick out past the wheel mount surface on the spacer? Can’t tell from the pic. I am looking into spacers as well due to a lack of available wheels with 3.5” of backspacing.
In my case, yes the lug nuts stick out past the spacer. In this application it works because the JK wheels have space on the backside that these fit into. If you were to buy uncapped lugs, then everything would be below the mounting surface of the spacer.
Sponsored