MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport S 2.0l Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up mine on Thursday from Peterson Jeep in Nampa, ID. MSRP $40860 my price was $35859, so like 12.25% off MSRP. There was no haggle, and I drove up from Utah and traded in my wife's Hyundai Santa Fe.

Had them throw on Rubicon take off tires and the upgrade polished wheels

20180608_100401.jpg
I SO want to do the RUbi KO2 wheels and tires when and (if) my Turbo ever gets delivered! Did you need to get your Sport S lifted?
Sponsored

7Nations

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, Fiesta ST 2017
Just picked up mine Sport S, got a flat $2k off MSRP of $42.6k (I wanted the red, w/ auto, tech, cold & dual roof as this is my DD). $2k was equal to best offer around here in NJ and I wanted to stay local for it (plates get sent to dealer). Ended up better than dealers mentioned elsewhere on the forum. Dealer was super straight, no fuss or BS.

mrcmosx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JLU
38,200 before taxes here in California for a Jeep 4 door Sahara JLU. 42,900 after taxes. Huntington Beach Jeep Dealership in CA.

schmoopified

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
$38,500 for my JLU Sport S from Metro in Chicopee, MA w/
  • Upgraded wheels
  • Prem Audio
  • Dual Top
  • Soft top bag
  • Tech group
  • Trailer group
  • side steps
$41,480 after taxes and fees

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
From what I'm seeing, 5-6% off invoice is very doable if you're ordering your Jeep. Most people that buy off the lot (like myself) are paying a bit more. I was able to get 3% below invoice for a Jeep that was on the lot. I went for it because it was exactly what I wanted.

It helped that I got a purchase order from Dennis Dillon, which offered me 5% below invoice. The thing is, I would have to fly up to Idaho and drive back over the weekend after buying it. 3% below invoice was only about $800 more. The plane ticket and money saved in fuel, time, and a hotel made 3% below invoice the real deal.

At the end of the day, do your homework. It always saves you some money.

Sponsored

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ocean Blue, 2019 Ram 1500 etorque Laramie
I SO want to do the RUbi KO2 wheels and tires when and (if) my Turbo ever gets delivered! Did you need to get your Sport S lifted?
I did not get it lifted and there is no rubbing whatsoever. Also got like 20 mpg on the way back to SLC from boise. The noise was not bad either (from the tires atleast)

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
38,200 before taxes here in California for a Jeep 4 door Sahara JLU. 42,900 after taxes. Huntington Beach Jeep Dealership in CA.
So $ 4,700 in Taxes ? 12.4 % in Taxes ?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
tax and DMV fees. Tax is 9.75 based on City I live in also.
I got my JK at the next dealership south of yours , at O.C. on Harbor , and I paid 8 % Cali. sales taxes , 1% dmv , and 0.47% other fees , for a total of 9.47% all taxes , dmv , and fees . Taxes and fees have gone up 3 % in merely 2 years , lol . It pays to live in Cali , home of the bullet train to nowhere , lol .

Absame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Just picked up my JLU Sport S last Friday. $41,215 MSRP, paid $36,443, with affiliate discount - about 11.5% off MSRP. Bought off the lot from Spencer at Farrish in Fairfax VA - took amtrak from NY to pickup.

Sponsored

swigmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hey guys, so I got a purchase order from the local dealership and got this: Total deal was out the door with fiances at 480/84 (40k total) 2k in trade value from my 2015 Sport. So it looks like with taxes and trade in the cost was right around 35k.
Those numbers look good based on going to another dealership and they weren't able to even get close they told me. Should I keep the deal or call them tomorrow and cancel it?

*Note I put do no deposit as I've bought cars before off them, just my salesman that I bought four off of left and not sure about new guy giving me the best deal.

Attachments

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Hey guys, so I got a purchase order from the local dealership and got this: Total deal was out the door with fiances at 480/84 (40k total) 2k in trade value from my 2015 Sport. So it looks like with taxes and trade in the cost was right around 35k.
Those numbers look good based on going to another dealership and they weren't able to even get close they told me. Should I keep the deal or call them tomorrow and cancel it?

*Note I put do no deposit as I've bought cars before off them, just my salesman that I bought four off of left and not sure about new guy giving me the best deal.
How beat up is your 2015 sport that they only gave you 2k? or did you owe a bunch on it still? And that is a long time to finance a vehicle. Can't get a 60 or even a 72 month loan?

There are a lot of members that have gotten the invoice price - 5%. you might be able to get the dealer to do that. should save you around $1700-1800. The dealer is still making money on the deal.

my $.02 worth

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
"Out the door total price" (including taxes, title and license): $36,342.00

-'18 JLU Sport (this is not a SportS)
- Hard Top*
- Automatic Tranny* w/3.6L V6
- Mojito! (external color), Tan seats
- No other packages installed
- $100 Deposit to be ordered and built
- No trade-in as my car was totaled in a wreck

This was a no haggle price. I explained to the dealer I was in a no-nonsense mood, because my car of 13 years was totaled in a head-on collision that was not my fault and I don't haggle. I asked him to please give me his best offer and he did because no one else could beat it or match the $100 deposit for the Jeep to be ordered.

The entire deal was done via text and email as I was home resting from my injuries, as my wreck occurred 3 days before I made the deal. I've never met my dealer in person yet lol. Can't wait to see him and give him a hug! :)

This entire buying experience has been flawless and non-stressful for me; mainly because of him.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
"Out the door total price" (including taxes, title and license): $36,342.00

-'18 JLU Sport (this is not a SportS)
- Hard Top*
- Automatic Tranny* w/3.6L V6
- Mojito! (external color), Tan seats
- No other packages installed
- $100 Deposit to be ordered and built
- No trade-in as my car was totaled in a wreck

This was a no haggle price. I explained to the dealer I was in a no-nonsense mood, because my car of 13 years was totaled in a head-on collision that was not my fault and I don't haggle. I asked him to please give me his best offer and he did because no one else could beat it or match the $100 deposit for the Jeep to be ordered.

The entire deal done via text and email as I was home resting from my injuries, as my wreck occurred 3 days before I made the deal. I've never met my dealer in person yet lol. Can't wait to see him and give him a hug! :)

This entire buying experience has been flawless and non-stressful for me; mainly because of him.
Sincere wishes for your complete recovery , and congratulations on making a deal by e-mail . Special orders are better than on-the-lot .

It is amazing to me that Jeep has increased it's prices so high . I paid about 10K less for a 2016 JK Sport . If import auto tariffs are instituted , the auto makers will unfairly raise domestic prices as well , to try to up-average increases among their models . So , we might face additional up-average gouge increases in the future . Too bad we cannot buy a simple domestic vehicle at a fair price .

So the 3.6L V6 manufactured in Mexico costs so much more than the JK 3.6L manufactured in U.S. ; shows how MSRP is manipulated upwards without real economic justification .

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Man some of you are paying a lot for sports. Covert Jeep in Austin Tx has sports S for like 34K.
Sponsored