jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone planning to get tubular doors? Quadratec has some with mirrors included. This is my first wrangler, so I’m looking for expert opinions.
ive not run tube doors so i cannot comment.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Ordered February 20, arrives on dealer lot July 3, while I am on vacation for 10 days!!!! I hope they don't sell it! (133 days, 19 weeks)

Jeep JL LA.jpg
And that they don't let everybody and their friggin mama sit in it and or drive it.
Get dealer to give you actual mileage now and ask them to not drive it other then for pdi.

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Ordered February 20, arrives on dealer lot July 3, while I am on vacation for 10 days!!!! I hope they don't sell it! (133 days, 19 weeks)
Just talked to the dealer, he said, "you snooze you lose" and made me great deal! thanks for the tip!

:P

Last edited:

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Got to love how they upgraded the interior. The red dash is so different and with that and the red stitching not to mention the Firecracker Red body...............

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I've been away for a few days working/pleasure driving the Jeep. I now have about 2300 miles on it, I have the 8.4 radio screen and two nights ago when I turned the Jeep on the unit was just black. I tried turning it on/off then pressing the black out screen button and nothing seemed to work. So finally decided to turn the vehicle off/on and it came on like usual. Thats when I started looking into that and noticed others having had the same issue after they hit 2k miles on their Jeep. I have no idea what it is/was just a heads up if it happens to one of you. Steering seems to be good considering its a short wheel base and not a sports car but definitely rides better than my previous Wranglers. Other than that no other issues and loving the Jeep.
It's Microsoft's problem... They made it so that any idiot can write code and guess what? You end up with idiots writing code... Close the windows on your Jeep... Get out of the vehicle... Get back in and open up the windows... Problem fixed, right? :)

Sponsored

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
And that they don't let everybody and their friggin mama sit in it and or drive it.
Get dealer to give you actual mileage now and ask them to not drive it other then for pdi.
Exactly. What kind of luck is that its here and I have to wait another week.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
it beats waiting another week or more and it not being there, trust me... :) it's in your control now, good feeling

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I waited 92 days for mine. The last 3 weeks I was on a trip to Florida.. I worried the whole time. Anyway, I got home and my JL 2 dr. arrived two days after I got back. Boy that was cutting it close.

The Dealer GM had promised me if it beat me back to NY, he would stash it and not let anyone sit in or drive it. I got back in time though..

He actually did not allow Service to do the pdi until I was on dealership property. He per my request, did not have the plastics removed or the front plate holder screwed on, etc.... or have it washed. I would do all that myself..

He did not even let them gas it up. He knew I was anal. GM had them all in fear I would cry foul if they dared fool with it... Ha... he was right..

GM was an aok guy. He said he appreciated someone that thought more of the vehicle then it just being a truck, etc..

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
I waited 92 days for mine. The last 3 weeks I was on a trip to Florida.. I worried the whole time. Anyway, I got home and my JL 2 dr. arrived two days after I got back. Boy that was cutting it close.

The Dealer GM had promised me if it beat me back to NY, he would stash it and not let anyone sit in or drive it. I got back in time though..

He actually did not allow Service to do the pdi until I was on dealership property. He per my request, did not have the plastics removed or the front plate holder screwed on, etc.... or have it washed. I would do all that myself..

He did not even let them gas it up. He knew I was anal. GM had them all in fear I would cry foul if they dared fool with it... Ha... he was right..

GM was an aok guy. He said he appreciated someone that thought more of the vehicle then it just being a truck, etc..

Ha! Good story. My dealer is not that way unfortunately. Volume place and like pulling teeth to get anyone on the phone or get information about anything. My salesperson sells one car a day on average (I saw her closing calendar) - a number I thought was staggering. I thought 4-5 a month would be normal. I honestly will be happy if is not accidentally sold... I saw a post on the forum about this happening to somebody.