First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I would rather spend $10 down the street to have the stuff I just got fit properly than order more stuff out of spite, with zero guarantee it will fit better than what’s already on my garage floor.
To each his own. Your choice not mine.
Sponsored

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
@Magnaflow ... I purchased the axle-back, black dual muffler (from Quadratec). I am having it installed today and the shop just called me and said the circumference of the connecting pipe is too small. It will not fit over the factory pipe. They cannot install it. Have you seen this issue?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@Magnaflow ... I purchased the axle-back, black dual muffler (from Quadratec). I am having it installed today and the shop just called me and said the circumference of the connecting pipe is too small. It will not fit over the factory pipe. They cannot install it. Have you seen this issue?
Wow, I wonder what the heck is going on? Mine was an early production unit and fit beautifully.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Read my previous posts and you will find you are not alone. The only difference between you and I is I bought from Extreme Terrain and chose not to have someone else install. Sorry for your luck! There are better products out there!

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Hal did you just send it back or did they make it right. I don't blam you a bit for not making it work. I was looking at buying one of there cat back systems but I just may go with the AFE now.

Sponsored

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Hal did you just send it back or did they make it right. I don't blam you a bit for not making it work. I was looking at buying one of there cat back systems but I just may go with the AFE now.
I returned it. Despite the reviews on Extreme Terrain and on Amazon I thought perhaps newer inventory would have been corrected. I was wrong. Generally Magnaflow has a good reputation and the axle back I received was clearly well built. I have read where some have had to weld their exhausts on or have the inlet pipe expanded. I did not want to “monkey” around with it. I have a Flowmaster exhaust arriving tomorrow. Good luck to you on your decision.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Shop told me that if I wanted to make it fit, they would have to cut and then weld in a larger diameter pipe. I didn't want to hack it up... so I told them to leave alone. Calling Quadratec today about a return. Had the same system on my JK and it fit perfectly. This is disappointing for a $600 muffler.

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Shop told me that if I wanted to make it fit, they would have to cut and then weld in a larger diameter pipe. I didn't want to hack it up... so I told them to leave alone. Calling Quadratec today about a return. Had the same system on my JK and it fit perfectly. This is disappointing for a $600 muffler.
Is this only a problem with the axel back? Or the cat-back as well?

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Mine is Axel back... diameter of the muffler's connecting pipe is too small.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.