Sponsored

[CA] Looking for a good dealership in the south Bay Area

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
I'd like to find a good dealership to prepare for my 2018 JLU purchase, preferably in the San Jose area.

Thanks
Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I'd like to find a good dealership to prepare for my 2018 JLU purchase, preferably in the San Jose area.

Thanks
Are you a Costco member?
When I bought my 2014 JKUR I went through Costco. The dealer Costco sent me to was Fremont Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (DGDG). There were zero hassles from the salesman and from the finance department (I paid cash) but finance asked about additional warranty etc, which I declined and they did not push it. It might of been my strong emphasis on NO THANK YOU! :). The primary reason for no hassle is that the price is set per an agreement between Costco and the dealer. It is possible to get a better deal than going through Costco (or some other program) but for me I felt I got a great deal and zero hassle. Zero hassle is worth a lot to me. :)

Don't think you have to buy local. Any dealer must honor warranty no matter where you bought the vehicle. The dealer still gets paid by FCA even though you do not pay.

If you aren't a Costco member, it might be worth the cost of membership just to buy the Jeep, no hassle.

OP
OP
Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Are you a Costco member?
When I bought my 2014 JKUR I went through Costco. The dealer Costco sent me to was Fremont Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (DGDG). There were zero hassles from the salesman and from the finance department (I paid cash) but finance asked about additional warranty etc, which I declined and they did not push it. It might of been my strong emphasis on NO THANK YOU! :). The primary reason for no hassle is that the price is set per an agreement between Costco and the dealer. It is possible to get a better deal than going through Costco (or some other program) but for me I felt I got a great deal and zero hassle. Zero hassle is worth a lot to me. :)

Don't think you have to buy local. Any dealer must honor warranty no matter where you bought the vehicle. The dealer still gets paid by FCA even though you do not pay.

If you aren't a Costco member, it might be worth the cost of membership just to buy the Jeep, no hassle.
I am a Costco member and totally forgot about their auto buying program - thanks for reminding me.

I don't suppose it is stackable with any other discounts such as the Tread Lightly one?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am a Costco member and totally forgot about their auto buying program - thanks for reminding me.

I don't suppose it is stackable with any other discounts such as the Tread Lightly one?
I don't know. You could email Costco auto program and see what they say. I would start with Costco. If Costco doesn't know, perhaps they will put in contact with their Jeep dealer and hopefully the fleet salesman will be honest and give you a straight answer.

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was your price $1000 under MSRP or better than that?
It was something like $500 under dealer invoice, which put it a couple of thousand under MSRP. Never pay MSRP. You should be at dealer invoice or lower.

Sticker was $39,110. Searching my records, I'm not finding a breakdown of the price of my JKUR only (strange I am anal about these things), but I have an early estimate that reads MSRP $38,865 and my Costco price quote was $36,513. Window sticker ended up slightly higher, base price was $34,995, quote was $34,795, heated seats was 395 not 350 as originally quoted. Other than that, all options, quoted and actual, matched.

Add on tax, registration and license and it ended up at $39,664.89. California tax was about 8.5%. I don't recall license and registration fees.

I'm sure you could do a little better if you really want to work at it, but I hate walking into any showroom, the vultures are ready to swoop down. This was a no pressure sale. I will go through Costco for my JLUR when that day comes.

badtux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
If you're using the TreadLightly discount, I had good luck with Stevens Creek Chrysler. Walked in, told them what I wanted and was buying it on affiliate discount, they looked up in their computer to see if they had what I wanted, they had multiple of what I wanted, they rolled one out, I rolled it around the block, said "Sold", and done. The most painful thing was the financing, apparently they didn't have an arrangement with my credit union so I had to roll down the street to my credit union with the bill of sale, get approved/financed and get a bank check, and bring it back.

The other place I've bought is Normandin Chrysler. I got the best price on a Chrysler there through a buyer program there, I think Edmunds. Stevens Creek wouldn't match. But that wasn't on a in-short-supply Jeep Wrangler. Normandin generally tries to gouge on Wranglers, but they're a participant in the affiliate discount program too.

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
I'd really recommend the drive to Stead Auto in Walnut Creek. I'm in Livermore and the ~40min drive is worth it.

I ordered/bought my last Jeep there and just ordered my JL. The sales manager, Matt, is great and so is Reno, the sales associate.

Very low hassle dealer with excellent customer service.

yodarock

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra
my 2018 rubicon recon msrp was 52.000 they discounted it to 43,000 no shit no lie Dennis Dillion dodge jeep in caldwell Idaho. and the picked me up from airport. deposit down over phone 1ooo bucks. deal and price out the door 46.789

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I have Dennis Dillion's prices and as far as I can tell they appear to be the lowest I have found. but how would his prices compare to tread lightly program prices?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I have Dennis Dillion's prices and as far as I can tell they appear to be the lowest I have found. but how would his prices compare to tread lightly program prices?
Idaho-co obviously better than Cali-co .
Sponsored