Sponsored

Premium soft top melting in this heatwave.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Anyone with the Premium soft top having their windows sag/distort in the heat wave?

I went to roll the back window up to fit some boxes in the back and just the weight of the flap on my hand was enough to put an indentation on the plastic window. It's about 94 degrees here.
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Anyone with the Premium soft top having their windows sag/distort in the heat wave?

I went to roll the back window up to fit some boxes in the back and just the weight of the flap on my hand was enough to put an indentation on the plastic window. It's about 94 degrees here.
Lol, 94 degrees isn’t hot. Direct sun on the other hand will microwave that thing.

But yeah, the plastic windows turn to mush when it’s warm and rock solid when it’s cold. It’ll stiffen back up probably overnight. Just don’t crease it and you should be fine.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Lol, 94 degrees isn’t hot. Direct sun on the other hand will microwave that thing.

But yeah, the plastic windows turn to mush when it’s warm and rock solid when it’s cold. It’ll stiffen back up probably overnight. Just don’t crease it and you should be fine.
This. And Lordy, I’d celebrate 94. 103 yesterday. Be thankful :)

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Hey, 94 is pretty hot for CT! :whew:
Amen. The humidity this week is disgusting... I’ve had to keep my top up and A/C on.

My windows looked a bit saggy when I got out of work the other day, but the next morning they looked fine.

OP
OP
Ruby Jack

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Amen. The humidity this week is disgusting... I’ve had to keep my top up and A/C on.

My windows looked a bit saggy when I got out of work the other day, but the next morning they looked fine.
Yeah, I actually welcome this overcast that we have right now. Cooled things off a bit.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Yeah, I actually welcome this overcast that we have right now. Cooled things off a bit.
Hearing thunder here in Stratford right now... hoping for a quick t-storm to bring down the humidity.

Have a great holiday!

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Hearing thunder here in Stratford right now... hoping for a quick t-storm to bring down the humidity.

Have a great holiday!
Raining buckets in South Windsor I hear. Might be coming your way...

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

It will survive the one week of hot weather and be alright.

Love
Louisiana

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
This. And Lordy, I’d celebrate 94. 103 yesterday. Be thankful :)
I know the feeling... I'm waiting on the next Ice Age so that we will finally have a *temperate* climate around here... :(
Sponsored