Sponsored

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
No you had to shift into low and select the lockers just like in the jeep rock track you couldn't lLock the axels in high. In high I think they were limited slips it was verygood system
Sponsored

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
The owners manual says the Selec-Trac is 2WD in the rear steady-state, and throws power to front when traction is lost. So how is this 48/52 biased steady-state?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The owners manual says the Selec-Trac is 2WD in the rear steady-state, and throws power to front when traction is lost. So how is this 48/52 biased steady-state?
There has been speculation (hope?) that the language in the owner's manual was imprecise.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
Does the Sahara come with LED Lights and Alpine Stereo upgrade standard? or is it a separate purchase?

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Talked to the sales guy I bought my 17 JK from and he told me that the JL Sport will have SelectTerrain has anyone else heard this? I bet he was just trying to get two wrangler sales out of me in 12 months.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Talked to the sales guy I bought my 17 JK from and he told me that the JL Sport will have SelectTerrain has anyone else heard this?
It’ll have Selec-Trac not Selec-Terrain.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
BOO BOO on the Selec Terrain. I know what I want, however I am unfamiliar with all of Jeeps code names for the their tcase. Anyways I looked up Selec Terrain and that is definitely not the same thing as Selec Trac. Also from what I saw Selec Terrain has only been offered with electronic engagement, again I BOOO. I really don’t see Selec Terrain going in a wrangler and I hope and think your source is wrong.

Funny side note, after reading about Selec Terrain I browsed the comments at the bottom of the article and was surprised to find several, I mean several people asking what the N stood for on the tcase selection wheel. I don’t claim to know as much as some of you on the forum, but if you can’t figure out N is for neutral then....God help us.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Funny side note, after reading about Selec Terrain I browsed the comments at the bottom of the article and was surprised to find several, I mean several people asking what the N stood for on the tcase selection wheel. I don’t claim to know as much as some of you on the forum, but if you can’t figure out N is for neutral then....God help us.
Asking what the N is for is only okay if you look like this:

"I don't want to make trouble, all I want to know is what the N is for."

:movember::giggle::cwl::blush:

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought that is to be exclusive to the Sahara?
Yes, that is the current thinking, and likely the case, but to keep it simple, there will be SlectTrac for the JL, but likely not SlecTerrain.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought it was too good to be true
Well depends on your take on it, most of us who are wanting SelecTrac don’t want SelecTerrain.

However, I can see how having programmable modes is handy, I like the QuadraDriveII on the GC.

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Well depends on your take on it, most of us who are wanting SelecTrac don’t want SelecTerrain.

However, I can see how having programmable modes is handy, I like the QuadraDriveII on the GC.
As a rural mail carrier I would just prefer part time 4wd but with previous wranglers they only made the rhd models in the sport trim and if it's only in the Sahara I'll be out of luck

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I haven't been paying much attention to the top situation, but I've heard people talking about a "power soft top", "a power hard top", and a "power top" of unspecified hardness.

Just how many different power tops are we expecting, and are they soft, hard or maybe just a semi?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I haven't been paying much attention to the top situation, but I've heard people talking about a "power soft top", "a power hard top", and a "power top" of unspecified hardness.

Just how many different power tops are we expecting, and are they soft, hard or maybe just a semi?
One, and the top will be soft with removable side windows. I'm pretty sure it was shown in the leaked owners manual.
Sponsored