Dealers Mistake on JLUR order (Canada)

CjsJl

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum as a poster but have been reading for some time now. A couple of days ago I signed a Purchase Agreement for what I though was a JLUR. The sales agent was a rookie (only 3 months on the job) and ended up making a mistake of selecting a 2 door Rubicon instead of the 4 door. I only test drove a 4 door and the discussion was always in regards to a 4 door. A more experienced sales agent helped him build the vehicle for order and they had a manager review the pricing. Today, two days after signing, that manager called me and said there was a mistake while pricing the vehicle and would like for me to pay the difference between the 4 door and 2 door. He also gave me the option of taking my deposit back and walking away from the deal.

The build is as follows:
JLUR
Automatic
Cold weather group
Safety tech package
Trailer tow
Dual top group
Remote proximity keyless
Leather
Body colored top
Body colored flares
Uconnect package
Mopar floor mats

This was priced at $50,895 as seen in the attached picture. Dealer is asking for $2136. For a total of $53,031. Comes up to a grand total of $60,656.20 after all applicable taxes and fees. As apposed to the $58,245.90 we had agreed on.

What do you guys suggest I do in this situation. Just to clarify this is in Canada and the numbers shown are in Canadian dollars.

IMG_20180630_163930.jpg
Sponsored

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That is a weird build sheet considering what you list. For example, I don't see no mention in the build sheet of dual top, remote keyless entry, body color flares/top.

That MSRP is for the 2 door for sure and the difference with the 4 door is 2,400. So them asking for less than that is a good deal. Also your discount of 6,400 is great! I had to work to get 5k off.

OP
OP

CjsJl

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
That is a weird build sheet considering what you list. For example, I don't see no mention in the build sheet of dual top, remote keyless entry, body color flares/top.

That MSRP is for the 2 door for sure and the difference with the 4 door is 2,400. So them asking for less than that is a good deal. Also your discount of 6,400 is great! I had to work to get 5k off.
If you look at it again you will see'''additional msrp options" which includes the remaining options I listed. After speaking with them over the phone the manager said the reason it is listed as that is because they couldn't select a dual top option for the two door build in their system. They did make an edit and put the cost into that group.

I meet with them this week to work this out and have this order done correctly.

I am hoping they do honor this price because the discussion was always about a 4 door and they happily agreed to that price for a 4 door Rubicon.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
If you look at it again you will see'''additional msrp options" which includes the remaining options I listed. After speaking with them over the phone the manager said the reason it is listed as that is because they couldn't select a dual top option for the two door build in their system. They did make an edit and put the cost into that group.

I meet with them this week to work this out and have this order done correctly.

I am hoping they do honor this price because the discussion was always about a 4 door and they happily agreed to that price for a 4 door Rubicon.
If it was me , I'd take the 2-door and get a big reduction of the price ( in writing ) because they ordered a 2-door . Then , if they ship the 4-door , I'd hold them to the 2-door reduced price , ( which I'd have in writing ) . What's good for the goose is good for the gander .

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Pay the extra $2136. You are still getting a great deal.

Sponsored

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Seems like a fishy deal to me, all the weird numbers.

Tell them to show you an FCA quote sheet that shows invoice of the vehicle you desire (4 door). Don’t let them negotiate with a non-standard 2dr based home grown pricing sheet.

Reset the deal, start new.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Seems like a fishy deal to me, all the weird numbers.
Reset the deal, start new.
So true , the weird gouge numbers .

Start new with a competent dealer .
Sponsored