Sponsored

JL Wrangler trunk cargo space / area -- first good pics with hardtop

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Maybe this?
Yeah, but likely not the RT series itself, but something similar, which is why I didn’t post a link and get people’s hopes up. Because those subs cost almost as much as the whole Alpine Premium upgrade alone.

However, with the caveat that this is just for guidance...

With the RT you have the 10”, 12” and two 15” options. I think the 10” is likeliest as I mentioned, but I could be wrong.

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/swr-t10/

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/swr-t12/

The current Sub is about 8x12 and is no slouch, IMO better than the previous Infinity.

However, except when cottaging or wheeling, in town mine is set to -7 because I find it will override compressed audio and Radio that is already boosted base quite often.

Great for clean content, then crank everythihg to 11 and Let’s Go !!

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
We still need pics of what the cargo space looks like with the seats folded down. Also need to know if the turbo BSG battery uses up trunk space.
Areed! I had a look at the cargo space on one. It looks much like the current Durango cargo area with the seats folded (minus the 3rd row that also folds down in the Durango). Fairly roomy, fairly flat with just a little incline toward the back of the front seats. The cargo space has rails integrated into the floor on the left & right where metal loops can slide where desired to tie things down. What I didn't do was measure the dimensions while I was looking. Does anyone know the cargo area dimensions? A link to another thread maybe? I just picked up a table from a guy on craigslist in my wife's Durango, and it made me wonder about the JL's cargo dimensions.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Areed! I had a look at the cargo space on one. It looks much like the current Durango cargo area with the seats folded (minus the 3rd row that also folds down in the Durango). Fairly roomy, fairly flat with just a little incline toward the back of the front seats. The cargo space has rails integrated into the floor on the left & right where metal loops can slide where desired to tie things down. What I didn't do was measure the dimensions while I was looking. Does anyone know the cargo area dimensions? A link to another thread maybe? I just picked up a table from a guy on craigslist in my wife's Durango, and it made me wonder about the JL's cargo dimensions.
Looking at a few Durango interior pics online and it looks pretty good. Better than the JK.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I'm hoping that big Speaker Thing will be a STORAGE CUBBY for those who dont want the Bells and Whistles.
Looking at all that plastic , please have Storage options ! Once the Initial Launch is done, we'll see some more Utilitarian editions, geared toward the Outdoors users. Call it "The Throwback Edition"
Just a spot for jumper cables would be appreciated.

Sponsored

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Is that a full length LED light strip at the base of the rear glass??

And they added a little flap to cover the gap at the base of the back seats, nice! Man I hate that gap, haha (seriously!)

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Cargo area looks much smaller than the JKs.

Overall observation is it is sad that they are turning the Wrangler into a luxury mobile. I know it is about profits and sort of required with a whiny society that we have created but it really ruins the Wrangler.
Buy a basic Sport ;)

I like it. Not everyone can have two cars so its nice to have a Jeep that not only a great ruggid 4x4 but decent to go on a date in or around the town. Not sure why some equate capability with shitty interiors?!?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else notice that the sports bar on this is covered in plastic? Its not like the Red Rubicon where the sports bar is exposed and the same color as the vehicle.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea after zooming in on this you can see that it has the plastics facing in. Weird they only covered half the bar.

jeep-wrangler-3-jpg.jpg

Papuga

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
After years of cramming my kid's hockey gear into the back of my 2 door 2000 TJ (with the other kid sitting next to it), I'm looking forward to all of this extra space :)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, 2014 FJ Cruiser
Buy a basic Sport ;)

I like it. Not everyone can have two cars so its nice to have a Jeep that not only a great ruggid 4x4 but decent to go on a date in or around the town. Not sure why some equate capability with shitty interiors?!?
Because chest - thumping. Remember the outcry when they updated the godawful original JK interior in 2011? You would've thought Jeep was sacrificing babies off of the Empire State Building!
Sponsored