Not enough holes for bolts!

TrillestSon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Has anyone else completely stripped their hardtop to find out that there are 4 more bolts than there are spaces for bolts in the trunk? Its such a tragic oversight but there is indeed an incorrect number of bolt holders in the trunk and you will have four extra bolts and no place to put them. I was just readying the Jeep for driving around with no top, doors, or windshield and we discovered this.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Put the bolts for the door checks back into the door jamb. There are four of them. Solved?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Put the bolts for the door checks back into the door jamb. There are four of them. Solved?

But then they are labeled wrong in the bolt storage area. Lol but yes TrillestSon I had the same problem they advertise it and should be able to take them all

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
But then they are labeled wrong in the bolt storage area. Lol but yes TrillestSon I had the same problem they advertise it and should be able to take them all
What are they labeled as?

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
Really? Labels? Nothing says Door Check.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I just went outside and checked. It is insanely hot out, thanks for that. There are 8 labeled door hinge bolts, 8 labeled roof, and 4 labeled windshield. That is the exact right number of bolts. You need to reinstall the door check bolts.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just went outside and checked. It is insanely hot out, thanks for that. There are 8 labeled door hinge bolts, 8 labeled roof, and 4 labeled windshield. That is the exact right number of bolts. You need to reinstall the door check bolts.
Yes that is correct I was leaving them out.. someone needs to make foot pegs that set on hinge like normal but also held in place with the door stop bolt.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
But why complicate things if a regular hinge only door step works fine?

OP
OP
TrillestSon

TrillestSon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I feel that the door hinge bolts count and should have a space in the back but if they are supposed to go back in the door and hold nothing in place, sobeit. That takes twice as long to accomplish and makes an area already hugely prone to scratches look even worse. Call me crazy but I don't know if I'm all that into the door stops if this is the trade off!

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
:beer:Now that the door check bolts have been solved, let’s all go have a beer, or three!!!

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
It’s not about how we feel, it’s about the holes.... door stops are awesome, keeps them from swinging wild! One of the best enhancements that don’t bang the cowls.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But why complicate things if a regular hinge only door step works fine?
Because I originally did not have a nut on the bottom style of mine and the came up missing in the grocery store parking lot. I am telling myself it was a kid not a fellow jeeper.

Would be useful to make step adjustable, and its a jeep I want to change something on it lol

And yes its Beer TIME!!!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Because I originally did not have a nut on the bottom style of mine and the came up missing in the grocery store parking lot. I am telling myself it was a kid not a fellow jeeper.

Would be useful to make step adjustable, and its a jeep I want to change something on it lol

And yes its Beer TIME!!!
Ah man that's shitty. People just can't keep to themselves, I suppose a bolt or two would help that. Don't you think the door hinge bolts would go on easier though?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah man that's shitty. People just can't keep to themselves, I suppose a bolt or two would help that. Don't you think the door hinge bolts would go on easier though?
Absolutely they would just looking at options always trying to build a better mouse trap :beer:
Sponsored