Sponsored

First look at body color painted hard top on 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

leafsfan1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sahara unlimited
Here's a first look at JL Wranglers with body colored hard tops - in Billet Silver and Firecracker Red.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Body-Painted-Color-Top-1.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Body-Painted-Color-Top-3-Red-Silver.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Body-Painted-Color-Top-5-Firecracker-Red.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Body-Painted-Color-Top-4-Billet-Silver.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Body-Painted-Color-Top-2.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-JLU-Body-Painted-Color-Top-6-Bright-White.jpg

I wonder which wheel will be the standard wheel for the rubicon ? Also are the clear brake lights only for the export models ?

TATER1971

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willy's Wheeler JK in Rhino
You notice the different rear bumpers? And the position of the license plates? In some its on the left but on another its in the center?

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
You notice the different rear bumpers? And the position of the license plates? In some its on the left but on another its in the center?
Export model vs. domestic model.

Sponsored

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask.

I plan on getting my JLUR wrapped shortly after getting it. In this case does it matter what color I order it in?

What is the best color for re-sale?

Which option is it that gives you the color-matched dashboard? If I get the matched dashboard I'll want to order a neutral color like white or grey

noodlemans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Camaro
Am I the only one whose OCD kicks in when I see the misalignment between windows on the soft top? That back window not aligning with the front/middle windows is like nails on a chalkboard. I'm almost driven to not get a soft or dual top combo because of it.

Last edited:

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask.

I plan on getting my JLUR wrapped shortly after getting it. In this case does it matter what color I order it in?

What is the best color for re-sale?
If you're going to vinyl wrap the car, it's best to order it in a color that's closest to the color you're wrapping in. What color are you thinking of for the wrap?

Best colors for resale are the most popular purchased colors which are usually the basic colors like black, white, silver, gray.

Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
http://usat.ly/1J2TwZ1

Definitely not yellow or green if concerned about resale

If wrapped, I would go black. When you have the wrap removed, the brand new black finish will be an easy sell or trade.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I can't stand the red with the painted top, too much red for my taste. I prefer the black top to break up some of that bright coloring. It looks okay on the silver but still not worth the $$$ for me.

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, 2014 FJ Cruiser
Love it. I'll never go back to the black roof, now it looks cheap to me.

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one whose OCD kicks in when I see how the misalignment between windows on the soft top? That back window not aligning with the front/middle windows is like nails on a chalkboard. I'm almost driven to not get a soft or dual top combo because of it.
No, you are not the only one, it's bugging me too, and others have commented on it in other threads. I think we've all been hoping that it's some pre-production glitch that will be fixed prior to production deliveries, but I have yet to see any photos that don't show a misaligned rear window, so those hopes may be too optimistic.

To me, both the top and bottom of the soft rear window appear misaligned, but I think the misalignment at the top edge is an optical illusion due to the contrast with the body-colored rear door frame. On a black Wrangler, I think it would probably look OK. But the bottom edge of the soft window is just way off, regardless of body color.

Strangely, the 2-door versions of the soft top don't seem to have this anomaly. If I were in the market for a 4-door (still a possibility, although I've been leaning toward 2), I would definitely wait for an aftermarket solution to this problem if Jeep doesn't fix it pronto.
Sponsored