Sponsored

So what JL Wrangler aftermarket parts & products do you want to see first?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Lol people getting butthurt over how others want their own wranglers to look just because it doesn’t suit their stereotypical rock crawling Wrangler.
I don't follow, are you talking about the one person that said that grill was hideous? Who cares, it's just an opinion. I must have missed something.
Sponsored

4440dude

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep XJ
Not only from us, but from everyone.

We'd love to see a 2-3" lift engineered for the new wheelbase/weight pretty quickly so we can run 37's. I'm sure that we can piece together longer springs and shocks quickly, but it's nice to have proper valving/spring rates. Also not 100% sure what the ring and pinion options are going to be in the aftermarket, but some 4.88s right out of the gate would be awesome.

We'll probably have front bumpers done very quickly, but the rear will take a little longer as we work around parking sensors and collision avoidance sensors if they are part the OEM bumper. It also looks like the tow package comes with a 7 way plug, so we will have to make provisions.
Saw this at SEMA. Looks like Hanson beat you to it

242d1509672501-hanson-bumpers-first-market-jl-bumper-img_2263.jpg

Attachments

SCREAMER

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Recon
Axles to replace the Colorado axles. A better transmission to replace the ZF nightmare. Some sort of complete dash restyle kit to make it not look like a Fiat 500 Pop. Fenders, bumpers, and a grill that moves the turn signals back to where they should be so you can swap fenders.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Axles to replace the Colorado axles. A better transmission to replace the ZF nightmare. Some sort of complete dash restyle kit to make it not look like a Fiat 500 Pop. Fenders, bumpers, and a grill that moves the turn signals back to where they should be so you can swap fenders.
What parts of the Jeep will you be keeping?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Do you honestly think they are putting weaker axles in the rubicon than the sport? Your rants are completely unfounded.

Sponsored

SCREAMER

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Recon
What parts of the Jeep will you be keeping?
My ‘17 Recon. Lol. My statement indicates what it would take for me to buy a JL and be happy with it. Those items I listed are my biggest gripes about the new model. I don’t completely hate the JL by any means but I am scratching my head about many of the design directions that Fiat Chrysler decided to take. I’m sure Grape Ape will be along shortly to police my opinion. One thing I am pretty surprised about is how the rake on the new windshield doesn’t look that bad. I thought for sure as soon as I got a good look at a side by side comparison I would absolutely hate the JLs windshield to roofline. They pulled that off pretty well.

SCREAMER

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Recon
Do you honestly think they are putting weaker axles in the rubicon than the sport? Your rants are completely unfounded.
Weaker axles than the ‘17 sport? Possibly. Weaker axles than the JL sport? Definitely not

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Lol people getting butthurt over how others want their own wranglers to look just because it doesn’t suit their stereotypical rock crawling Wrangler.

I could say the same thing about them not being real ‘men’ because men are suppose to be masculine and should have fought for their country at least once in their life.

If you’re not a combat vet then you’re not a real man. See how stupid this sounds?
Sure, its your ride and money so have at it but at the same time don't be offended if others don't like your tastes or style. I wouldn't choose that grill and def wouldn't talk smack for what people do to their rides that I don't like. Simply keep it to myself...lol. :giggle:

As for upgrades, we'll see what the new Rubi is actually capable of. Sounds like it can handle 35s with highline fenders and mopar will offer OEM 2-3" lifts. 2" should clear 37s.

Then next is roof rack or rear carrier for me. I love camping and when carrying a few buddies additional storage room is a must!

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Weaker axles than the ‘17 sport? Possibly. Weaker axles than the JL sport? Definitely not
Seems unlikely that the JL Rubicon axles will be weaker than a 17 sport. Especially since they said the JL Rubicon axles are stronger than the current Rubicon axles. So hope you are wrong.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Saw this at SEMA. Looks like Hanson beat you to it

242d1509672501-hanson-bumpers-first-market-jl-bumper-img_2263.jpg
If you looked close, they didn't have any mounts. So they beat us to pretending they had product ready :cwl:

Sponsored

SCREAMER

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Recon
Seems unlikely that the JL Rubicon axles will be weaker than a 17 sport. Especially since they said the JL Rubicon axles are stronger than the current Rubicon axles. So hope you are wrong.
I honestly hope I’m wrong too. I hope the new axles can handle 37s off the showroom floor. I highly doubt that’s the case but I hope Jeep made a good decision with regards to the running gear. My senses tell me they are appealing to a different crowd this time around and it’s not the hard core off roaders. Or they were just trying to save as much money on R&D as possible stretching their profit margins to the maximum. All of this is speculation anyway until people get these things on the trail. I wish I could look three years into the future.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
I honestly hope I’m wrong too. I hope the new axles can handle 37s off the showroom floor. I highly doubt that’s the case but I hope Jeep made a good decision with regards to the running gear. My senses tell me they are appealing to a different crowd this time around and it’s not the hard core off roaders. Or they were just trying to save as much money on R&D as possible stretching their profit margins to the maximum. All of this is speculation anyway until people get these things on the trail. I wish I could look three years into the future.
Weight is always the fight. Will they be willing to use beefy front axle tubes and inner C's and take that hit? Guess we will see.

SCREAMER

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Recon
Absolutely agree. Lighter, stronger, cheaper. You might be able to choose two but not all three. They’ve already chose lighter and by going with an existing core design it’s my guess they also chose cheaper.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I'm cool so far with the new dash, it actually reminds me more of my red CJ-7 dash, compared to the current JK big slab dash which I haven't cared for. I've got a MIG welder and have made my own bumpers and other items, so I don't care so much about the new stock bumpers. Unless replacing the bumpers will mess up some electronic item - then I do care. The "ZF nightmare" transmission thing would most concern me - have you heard some bad things about it? Has it proved not solid in other vehicles? I am looking forward to the big reveal next week, to finally get some details on the manual transmission. Hoping Jeep chose wisely and it is a good solid unit.
Sponsored