www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
am i being too much of a d$ck here?

email from dealer...
On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 9:15 AM (ealer name and email here) wrote:
Good morning! No jeep yet! Still hasn't updated as far as chrysler system goes! Im sorry I didn't answer yesterday I left to sign a customer. I am confident we can plan for tomorrow but I will confirm as soon as I see it.

My answer.....
i don't know what that confidence is based on. from what i can see, it is not on the road.

it is in the lot at albuquerque, it unloaded from train on 6/20. it loaded to a truck on 6/25, but it is 6/29 and it has not left the lot.

It must be waiting til they get a full truck.

Ridiculous, as i'm paying $1445 destination and delivery and it's been in albuquerque 9 days now without going anywhere, and at this point there is a 10% chance or less that i will have my jeep for july 4th unless sisbarro or your regional manager gets on the phone today and makes something happen, gets that truck on the road.

That's for july 4th, let alone tomorrow. I see tomorrow as impossible at this point. surprise me
Well, it sounds like something I'd say too. But I can be a schlong sometimes. It definitely sounds like it needed to be said though.
Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR

email from dealer...
Good morning! No jeep yet! Still hasn't updated as far as chrysler system goes! Im sorry I didn't answer yesterday I left to sign a customer. I am confident we can plan for tomorrow but I will confirm as soon as I see it.

My answer.....
i don't know what that confidence is based on. from what i can see, it is not on the road.

it is in the lot at albuquerque, it unloaded from train on 6/20. it loaded to a truck on 6/25, but it is 6/29 and it has not left the lot.

Ridiculous, as i'm paying $1445 destination and delivery and it's been in albuquerque 9 days now without going anywhere, and at this point there is a 10% chance or less that i will have my jeep for july 4th unless sisbarro or your regional manager gets on the phone today and makes something happen, gets that truck on the road.

That's for july 4th, let alone tomorrow. I see tomorrow as impossible at this point. surprise me
No, not being a d$ck. its one thing when it takes a long time for the train to get to destination, but having it sitting on a truck and no movement for 4 days? That is some serious BS.

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK

email from dealer...

My answer.....

Nope it was warranted.... I told my dealer outright that when I got the survey from Jeep after I take delivery I was going to point out how less than useless they have been towards this whole ordeal. I said I would name names and position titles and provide proof of the numerous unanswered emails and phone messages I have sent.
After this the dealership has been nothing short of awesome towards me and I’m getting updates on the regular.
Sometimes you have to shake the tree

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Well tried out Jeep chat this morning. Guy was nice enough, took him about 10 minutes to come back with info. Supposedly I am in Paint!

Sponsored

Sydneytola

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner OffRoad; 2018 JL 2 Door, Ordered 1/24
All you guys/girls who have picked up your rigs that ordered prior to the March 1st $500 price increase.... did the dealer honor the original price? Or did they try an stick you for the $500 bump
My dealer never even brought it up. The original price was what I paid.

Dantequera

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (on order...forever)
Well tried out Jeep chat this morning. Guy was nice enough, took him about 10 minutes to come back with info. Supposedly I am in Paint!

happy for you...I ordered over 3 months before you and were in the same stage...lol fuck fca

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
paint is good. means trim today and i status, and hopefully jb and kz by july 4

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I took them on the interstate to about 75 and I didn't notice any vibration. They are 100% better than the ones for jk. The convex mirrors makes them usable. They are low so they don't block the view. The price is a lot higher, but I plan on using them for years.
Awesome! I’m ordering... $99 is a lot better than $250 for the ones that clamp to the grab handles.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Awesome! I’m ordering... $99 is a lot better than $250 for the ones that clamp to the grab handles.
Plus, the mount actually stays on the side and you just pop the mirror out when doors go back on, correct?

Sponsored

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
Yes I have that. But I'm older and like to read it in front of me. Also it
would be better to be looking at JL in garage and reading manual.
And last why does Jeep squeeze every penny they can ? Plus I got
them for postage !! In glove compartment when shipped "no postage".
My official 600 page owners manual came in USPS yesterday. 2 weeks

email from dealer...

My answer.....

Nope, you're not being unreasonable. FCA has done an embarrassing job in all this...especially for the 2 doors. For some part, I feel bad for the dealers as they don't seem to be in the loop at all. Mine sat on the lot for 7 days waiting on a full truck as well. Truth is, they have us over a barrel. All of us wanted and love a 2 door and I guess they knew we'd suffer thru all the delays, poor communication, etc.

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
There getting her all prepped for my Monday pick up can’t wait and my name is on the sticker !!

4F4CEC1F-C3AE-433A-A9D1-E30E3F91767E.jpeg

37BA5D16-02B8-403D-A0E6-7D7B552E95AD.jpeg
Looks amazing, I would love to see the pum’kin colour in person.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Anybody taken delivery on a 2 door Rubicon with the 4 Cylinder turbo???
Sponsored