Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I too, would like to see the light beige option installed if someone has pics. It looks like a close colormatch for the heritage tan seats.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Mark,

Any chance you can share an early photo of what the color looks like installed with the heritage tan interior? I’ve got a black kit sitting in the unopened box from when you shipped it to me, probably a month ago. Still no Wrangler to put it on :(

I feel like a black headliner will look better (to me) anyway, but would love to see the tan before I install black (if I ever receive the Jeep).
HI,
we just shipping out the first Lt Beige headliners (Heritage Tan match) last week. As soon as I get some pictures back I will post them.
Mark

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the HotHead on my 2012 JKUR and loved them. I only had one minor issue that was likely a "user error". The roof panel in the cargo area came loose about two days after my install. I re-sanded and re-installed with no future issues. Loved the look, loved the effectiveness in heat, sound reduction, etc.

When I purchased a 2015 JKUR, it had the factory headliner package installed. It was just OK. I didn't have the interest (or the budget) to toss them in favor of HotHeads, but in hindsight wish I had.

I now have a 2018 JLUR on order and I did not order the factory headliner because I had plans to install the HotHeads. Now I'm getting impatient on the order and may buy something off a dealer lot. The downside is that most of them have the Mopar headliner, but I will likely toss them this time.

bearcat454

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500HD, Suzuki Carry
HI,
we just shipping out the first Lt Beige headliners (Heritage Tan match) last week. As soon as I get some pictures back I will post them.
Mark
Any updates or news for the 2dr liners? I'm looking forward to purchasing one.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
TL;DR: The temperature of the panels dropped about 30-40 degrees. The temperature inside the car and the temperature of the seats showed a 1-2% difference. In my opinion, not worth the $500 Hotheads is charging for their product.
Forget about the percentage change since the creator of that video does not understand the most basic concept of doing thermal math. Let's say you start out with a temperature of 100F. An 18% increase would be 200.74F.

Sponsored

JoeBowler300

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Forget about the percentage change since the creator of that video does not understand the most basic concept of doing thermal math. Let's say you start out with a temperature of 100F. An 18% increase would be 200.74F.

What???? That’s 100.74% increase. An 18% increase of 100 is simply an increase of 18, thus 118F.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What???? That’s 100.74% increase. An 18% increase of 100 is simply an increase of 18, thus 118F.
Yet another person who slept through their science classes in high school... :(

So, let's go with the way that you are apparently (mis)calculating it... If you start out with a temperature of 0F and increase it to 1F, what percentage change is it? Show your equation and it has to be the same equation that you used above.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliner is having a 4th of July Sale. You can get 10% off all products by using the discount code JULY.
You can see pictures, videos & pricing at our web site: HOTHEAD HEADLINERS
If you have any questions please send us an email at: [email protected]

best regards,
Mark

460 x 290.jpg

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
It's better to just talk about the change in degrees in temperature rather than the percentage change. Going from 50 degrees F to 100 degrees F is NOT a doubling of temperature! If you talk about percentage change in temperature you have to figure from absolute zero (-460 degrees F = 0 K).
So from 50F to 100F is really a change from 283K to 311K. That's why physicists always talk about temperature in 'Kelvin', changes in temp above absolute zero (0K or -273C). So water usually freezes at 273K (0C) and boils at 373K (100C). Helps to keep from screwing up discussions about percentage changes in temperature.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
It's better to just talk about the change in degrees in temperature rather than the percentage change. Going from 50 degrees F to 100 degrees F is NOT a doubling of temperature! If you talk about percentage change in temperature you have to figure from absolute zero (-460 degrees F = 0 K).
So from 50F to 100F is really a change from 283K to 311K. That's why physicists always talk about temperature in 'Kelvin', changes in temp above absolute zero (0K or -273C). So water usually freezes at 273K (0C) and boils at 373K (100C). Helps to keep from screwing up discussions about percentage changes in temperature.
Plus, the lay person is more comfortable hearing the temperature dropped from 105 degrees to 89 degrees. It's just more meaningful for Jim Bob or Sally Jo as they think about how impactful something is, or isn't.

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY someone else who didn't sleep through high school science class!

And it doesn't matter whether you are using Kelvin or Rankine for the temperature measurement. You just need to use a zero-based measuring system. Temperature is just a measure of thermal energy, so you can look at is as twice the thermal energy equals twice the temperature. I guess some people slept through the portions on Charles's Law and the Ideal Gas Law.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliner is having a 4th of July Sale. You can get 10% off all products by using the discount code JULY.
You can see pictures, videos & pricing at our web site: HOTHEAD HEADLINERS
If you have any questions please send us an email at: [email protected]
What is the R-value for your product vs the R-value of the bare roof vs the R-value of the factory option?

JoeBowler300

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All you did here is show that there are different scales/units of measurements for temperature. Farhenheit, Celsius & Kelvin. They don’t scale 1:1 relative to each other. If you say the temperature went from 50F to 100F it then did in fact doubled in temperature relative to the Farenheit scale; not so much when compared to the Celsius and Kelvin scale. It’s all RELATIVE to the system you’re using.

I cannot think of another system that scales in differences quite like these temperature scales, most everything scales evenly 1:1 relative to each other.

JoeBowler300

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FINALLY someone else who didn't sleep through high school science class!

And it doesn't matter whether you are using Kelvin or Rankine for the temperature measurement. You just need to use a zero-based measuring system. Temperature is just a measure of thermal energy, so you can look at is as twice the thermal energy equals twice the temperature. I guess some people slept through the portions on Charles's Law and the Ideal Gas Law.
Why are we even having this discussion on a Jeep forum?

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Why are we even having this discussion on a Jeep forum?
Because if you are going to use the English language, you should do it accurately. And to claim that there is an 18% increase in temperature is totally inaccurate since temperature is a measure of heat energy and there was most definitely not an 18% increase in heat energy.

Understanding basic concepts like this is important. For example, let's say that you start out with the air in your tires at 30 psi and you are at 30F. If you drive for awhile, possibly to a warmer location and the tire temperature raises to 90F, then by the mistaken logic implied in the above posts, that would mean a 300% increase in temperature which according to the Ideal Gas Law would meant that the pressure would also increase by 300%, so the tire would be at 90 psi. In actually, the calculated pressure would be about 33.68 psi.

So, yeah, understanding basic scientific concepts that you should have learned in high school is important in your day to day life.
Sponsored