Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Ha, true. The wife "allows" me my 2 spots so I try to keep them full. :like:
I had to remodel a bit so mine fit comfortably. The rack shelf is one of the units that Gladiator makes and replaced a bunch of old junk that came with the house. The soft top is on the ground behind the Jeep at the moment. I will be adding some 2x6 structure to my ceiling joists, then tying them to the rafters above so that I can get two 4’ spans centered at the back of my parking spot for the Racor lift. That will be my good enough garage for now. When we build our new house next year it will have at minimum a 24x25 two car garage and probably a 16x30 garage on the other side.

01495A25-73C4-4F20-88B3-76E766A8998C.jpeg

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
I had to remodel a bit so mine fit comfortably. The rack shelf is one of the units that Gladiator makes and replaced a bunch of old junk that came with the house. The soft top is on the ground behind the Jeep at the moment. I will be adding some 2x6 structure to my ceiling joists, then tying them to the rafters above so that I can get two 4’ spans centered at the back of my parking spot for the Racor lift. That will be my good enough garage for now. When we build our new house next year it will have at minimum a 24x25 two car garage and probably a 16x30 garage on the other side.

01495A25-73C4-4F20-88B3-76E766A8998C.jpeg
My garage joists are 50" apart :(

Need to get a couple 2x6's to mount on the existing 2x10's to mount my Racor as well. Just waiting on the Jeep so I can get the positioning right. Got my red Topsy hinge mounts yesterday so I'm starting to get anxious.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Sponsored

Paladin1

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Love the decal. Hard to choose. I'm also interested in a cool spare tire cover though. Just got my VIN today. Dealer originally said the order would not get placed until Friday. Maybe a good sign, I may get mine as early as some others in this forum. This is almost like waiting on Christmas Eve when I was 8!

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
IMG_20180627_104421909_HDR.jpg IMG_20180627_105512806.jpg

Took ownership of my SG JLUR today. 88 days ... from order to delivery. Definitely worth the wait.

I think my black JKU (pictured) is mad at me though for get'n rid of her :(
Your old AEV wheels would look awesome on the new Jeep. Just change the centers to red.

ring_zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLUR
Your old AEV wheels would look awesome on the new Jeep. Just change the centers to red.
Yeah was actually contemplating that. The AEV argent Pintler wheels would definitely look good against the sting-gray paint. But ... I promised myself that I would keep my JLUR stock for a while. We'll see how that goes though :giggle:

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Yeah was actually contemplating that. The AEV argent Pintler wheels would definitely look good against the sting-gray paint. But ... I promised myself that I would keep my JLUR stock for a while. We'll see how that goes though :giggle:
I said the same thing. But I'm weakening day by day. :whew:

Last edited:

DisorderlyJet

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Long time follower first time poster

Cross posted in: what did you do to your Jeep today thread.

Took delivery and drove it home, then modified it with 19 miles on it.

1. T-Rex chasing Jeep on windshield
2. Door sill guards
3. Short antenna (what do you think of red?)
4. Removed dealer stickers
5. Removed wrangler unlimited stickers

Tomorrow adding rear seat recline...

And I am loving Sting Gray....

Dinner tonight took the freedom panels off and took my wife and 3 kids for a ride!
496BC80A-69A6-4EAD-A1C3-BF21DA246FD0.jpeg
Sponsored