Best dealership in the Augusta GA area

Mud-N-Sun

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 2 door Sport TJ 2018 JLU Sport-S
So after months of searching for dealerships that would be willing to work with me and then finally ordering a Jeep and then all of the stress of waiting I finally have my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S. And I just wanted to give Milton Ruben Jeep of Augusta Georgia I huge shout out and especially Jason Herald. They worked with me and put up with my "occasional" requests for updates about my jeep order.

So let me start from the beginning I spent more hours than I would like to admit on the Jeep build webpage researching and building my perfect jeep wrangler. I finally built the jeep that I wanted and with what options and started looking around for dealerships around my area that might have my build. Interestingly enough no dealership in a 150 miles had a jeep exactly like I wanted it. Wrangler 4 door Sport S Crystal Metallic Granite Tech group Anti Slip tow package premium top, all weather mats. Not a crazy build I thought just the essentials that I wanted and nothing more. I sent these specs out to about 35 dealerships in my area with a low ball park figure I wanted to spend....12 percent below invoice. I wasn't trying to low ball anyone I just wanted to start a conversation closer to what I wanted to pay than to start it at MSRP. Out of the 35 or so e-mails and or phones calls I sent out I only received about 10 dealerships that even wanted to talk to me at all. Most where of the opinion that since the JL was selling so well why should we even talk to you.(I had one dealership say this to me in E-mail needless to say they lost all creditability from me and my business all at the same time) Of those 10 that did respond I would say that only about 5 were willing to talk to me about anything close to invoice price. (again the underlying message was this vehicle is selling so well we don't need to work with you to much because someone else will buy the Jeep at MSRP) Out of all of these only Milton Ruben seemed really interested in my business and even talking to me like a person and trying to work with me to get the vehicle I wanted and at a price I wanted to pay. I placed an order with them for exactly what I wanted and we agreed to a price that I was happy with and that I think they could tolerate. During this process they treated me with respect and treated me well the entire time. and even went the extra mile to place my order immediately with me standing there. I walked out the door with my VON and received my VIN two days later.

But this is just the start of my story......Two months go by....feels like 100 years...through it all I wait patiently only calling or chatting with Jeep Costumer care once or twice a day and only calling the dealership 15 times for updates...Very patient...lol. So anyway it is getting closer to the 4th of July (June 10ish) and I have a vacation planned that I really wanted to have my New Jeep....(strictly for the family of course so they could be more comfortable in the Jeep JL). So I mention to Jason that I am really hoping the Jeep will be here before then so that I can take it on a nice little road trip. Jason checks the status and tells me that it will be here before then he is fairly sure. Another week and or so goes by and Jason Calls me up...I am thinking here it is my Jeep is here....But no it has been delayed yet again until after the 4th of July. But this is due to FCA's transportation system...the company they had contracted was having trouble keeping up with all of the Jeep orders. Which I can understand because the JL sales numbers have been off the charts. At this point I am in a low spot but here is where the dealership did something for me. They could have just said...it will be here in two weeks....they could have done nothing. However....Jason then informed me that a Jeep came off the truck the night before 90% in line with my order.....and it just has a few extra options alpine, safety group, and convenience group and didn't have the floor mats. At first I thought okay this guy is just trying to upsell me into buying more than I wanted. But then they offered my these extra options at literally less than two-thirds invoice(not MSRP but way under invoice) price and threw in the floor mats on them. I mean damn...how could I say no. Thought it over for a bit(meaning talked to the wife) called him back and said I would be there in two hours to buy. Drove to the dealership all the paperwork was done and waiting all I had to do was cut out my kidney and give them a check. I was out the door in less than an hour. In my view Jason knew that I wanted my Jeep and found a way for me to get not only a better Jeep than I wanted but I jeep way below what I thought I would have to pay for it and in time for my vacation. The dealership went above an beyond to make me happy in my opinion. I could have been that they just wanted to me to leave them alone....lol....but whatever the reason I am a very happy customer and I would recommend them to anyone.

As for the Jeep it drives like a dream and the entire family is happy. I am also really happy that I have the alpine sound system...So long story short....if you are looking to buy a Jeep Wrangler in the Georgia Area I would say go to Milton Ruben Jeep and ask for the Jason. They are the best.
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
At 12% below invoice, I'm suprised you even got one reply!

In all seriousness, to help those in the area out, how much below invoice were they willing to go? People are willing to travel for a deal. I'm in North Alabama and went to Arkansas for 7% below invoice.

OP
OP
Mud-N-Sun

Mud-N-Sun

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 2 door Sport TJ 2018 JLU Sport-S
At 12% below invoice, I'm suprised you even got one reply!

In all seriousness, to help those in the area out, how much below invoice were they willing to go? People are willing to travel for a deal. I'm in North Alabama and went to Arkansas for 7% below invoice.
In the end I got about 10 percent below.