Sponsored

Per a Jeep dealership the JL is not water tight/expect it to fill with water during water crossings!

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
alskdjflasdjf.JPG

It literally says keeping water OUT UNTIL you're back on DRY LAND
You have to remember that’s a sales brochure, and not a warranty booklet. If all sales pitches were true, I’d still have a full head of hair, and I’d still have the x-ray specs I ordered years ago :movember:

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Obviously the floor mats are designed to funnel water/debris out of the Jeep, and not keep water from coming back in. Like others stated if you want water tight for fording put the plugs back in the body and not the floor mats.

There's nothing wrong with your floor mats.

Just because the floor mats are a MOPAR accessory doesn't mean they have to keep the same function as the stock Jeep. That's like Jeep saying the JL can fit in parking garages under 71 inches, but then getting upset when you install the MOPAR 2in lift and suddenly your 73 inch tall Jeep no longer fits in the garage.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You have to remember that’s a sales brochure, and not a warranty booklet. If all sales pitches were true, I’d still have a full head of hair, and I’d still have the x-ray specs I ordered years ago :movember:
Another perceptive observation by @BillG .

AND the small print says : "Traversing water can cause damage that may not be covered by the new vehicle warranty" .

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
That's why false advertising lawsuits exist
The sales brochure says do not attempt water fording unless the depth is known to be under 30 inches . So , one needs to bring a yardstick , and wade out in front of your Jeep , across the water , before you return to your Jeep to attempt it . Actually , I have 3 yardsticks in my Jeep .

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
:cwl:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
And nowhere do I see the term watertight. It says “ body openings close tightly, which is a relative term. Nor does it mention the width of a stream that you may cross. Crossing a ten foot wide stream, thirty inches deep, at five miles an hour, you’ll probably stay dry. Make that stream a quarter mile wide, chances are your carpet is gonna squish at the end.

Sponsored

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I don’t know if this is in the JL’s brochure, but in case it’s not, I will tell you guys the bitter truth about your JLs and hope you are strong enough to take it.

Well… here I go…

If you take your JL off-road, no matter how nicer the interior is compared to the JK, big chances are that you will get water, mud, bugs and/or sand in it, with or without the infamous Mopar® All-Weather floor mats.

Also, you may as well put a few scratches on the paint, bumpers and undercarriage, even with the Rubicon rock rails and skid plates on. Some may be buffed off, but some others will remain forever.

I know it’s sad, but it’s better to know the truth now and not after a few off-road outings. :facepalm:

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Reminds me of Raptor owners back in 2011 when it came out bending their frames from doing jumps that mimicked Ford advertising and marketing at the time. I do not think their lawsuits got any traction either and most had to suck up the repair costs.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Exactly. It doesn't say: keeping water out, EVEN WITH THE ALL-WEATHER MATS ON, until you're back on dry land"
Exactly , @LLANERO .

And also it says "Body Openings Close Tightly" , as though "Close Tightly" is the verb : WHEN you drive into the water , the body Openings CLOSE Tightly , into a closed position , Until the Jeep is back on dry land .

Otherwise , it could have said : " There are No body openings , and the Body is built Closed Tightly , without body openings " . But it doesn't say that .

Sales Brochures are written on Madison Ave. in New York City , where there are No Jeeps swimming about .
Sponsored