Sponsored

Factory LED Package DRL/Turn Signals- AWOL Part Numbers - Fighting with Dealership

Dennis23d

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
If you don’t want/need the Blind Spot Monitoring:
55112894AG
55112895AG

Good luck though; they’re on backorder (again). I bought a pair, the left was bad, I returned it and they showed they had “one more”. Turns out they didn’t so now I’m waiting for a new left one to become available to match up with the right side one that’s sitting on my garage floor.
so if you the one with blindspot monitoring, I will automatically have that feature or I need to add something else ? programming?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Okay I see the disconnect here. The sport and sport S only have a single bulb on the fender whereas the rubicon and Sahara have the DRL as well. I should take a look at how that is wired up because the two shouldn't be connected.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Okay I see the disconnect here. The sport and sport S only have a single bulb on the fender whereas the rubicon and Sahara have the DRL as well. I should take a look at how that is wired up because the two shouldn't be connected.
I think all trims have multipble bulbs in the fender independent of dlr. The sahara and Rubicon have 4 wires going to the front facing bulb in the fender. The sport trims only have 3 wires going to the front facing bulb.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I think all trims have multipble bulbs in the fender independent of dlr. The sahara and Rubicon have 4 wires going to the front facing bulb in the fender. The sport trims only have 3 wires going to the front facing bulb.
Sport and sport s don't have DRL in the fender at all. Just a single bulb. I believe it is a dual filament bulb which could change the wiring.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Sport and sport s don't have DRL in the fender at all. Just a single bulb. I believe it is a dual filament bulb which could change the wiring.
It is dual filament. The sports have 3 wires, a white/green, white/brown, and black. White/green is for the turn lamp, white/brown is for the parking lamp, and black is ground. The other trims have a 4th wire (white/yellow), which supplies power for the DRL.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
It is dual filament. The sports have 3 wires, a white/green, white/brown, and black. White/green is for the turn lamp, white/brown is for the parking lamp, and black is ground. The other trims have a 4th wire (white/yellow), which supplies power for the DRL.
From the owner’s manual:
Sport Front Park/Turn Signal Lamps 7442NA bulb (dual filament)

Base Sahara/Rubi Turn Lamps 7440NA bulb (single filament)

Base Sahara/Rubi Park DRL Lamps 7443 (dual filament)

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
From the owner’s manual:
Sport Front Park/Turn Signal Lamps 7442NA bulb (dual filament)

Base Sahara/Rubi Turn Lamps 7440NA bulb (single filament)

Base Sahara/Rubi Park DRL Lamps 7443 (dual filament)
I opened my fender up today. I installed the Diode Dynamics switchbacks and resistors. They look pretty good. Now my setup is OEM LED fogs in steel Rubi takeoff bumper, OEM LED take off headlights (currently no halo), and now Diode Dynamics switchbacks in the fenders.

I can confirm that the my Sport S has two bulbs in the fender. A smaller side facing bulb and a larger front facing bulb. The larger front facing bulb only has 3 wires (as opposed to 4). They are green/white for turn signal, brown/white for parking (assume), and black. So yes dual filament on this bulb but there are 2 bulbs in the fender.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I opened my fender up today. I installed the Diode Dynamics switchbacks and resistors. They look pretty good. Now my setup is OEM LED fogs in steel Rubi takeoff bumper, OEM LED take off headlights (currently no halo), and now Diode Dynamics switchbacks in the fenders.

I can confirm that the my Sport S has two bulbs in the fender. A smaller side facing bulb and a larger front facing bulb. The larger front facing bulb only has 3 wires (as opposed to 4). They are green/white for turn signal, brown/white for parking (assume), and black. So yes dual filament on this bulb but there are 2 bulbs in the fender.
IMG_20180621_171505.jpg

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

The second bulb is the side marker, nothing to do with DRL or turn signals

Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Yes. You would need new wiring harness, mirrors and programming. That is if the body harness is the same. I would find it very hard to add.
so if you the one with blindspot monitoring, I will automatically have that feature or I need to add something else ? programming?

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited

Crinch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
i had pretty much the same thing happen to me. I purchased my JLU Rubi back in February...still waiting for the LED upgrade. I filed a complaint with Jeep directly after about 3 months and now they call me every week with updates and i just got off the phone with them. Tail lights and turn signals are available, but head lights and fog lights are only available for new builds. If you don't order it from the factory with the LED light group it's considered a "parts purchase" and they are expected to be available for "parts purchases" some time in August. I'm not going to hold my breath though, cuz last week I was told the week of July 4th. it just keep getting pushed back further and further...maybe by 2019 they'll come in. Once you give them your $50k+ you fall to the bottom of the priority list. Anyone that has them better not get in a wreck or they'll be screwed too. Turn signals can't be installed without the head lights also being installed because of a change that has to be made in the control system that apply's to both. So my tail lights were installed (and look awesome) and my turn signals are sitting on a shelf at the dealer waiting for the headlights to show up. The headlights, fog lights, turn signals, and tail lights are an exact match, so nothing has to be replaced or changed, they just have to change a setting in the computer accommodate the LED lights and enable the halo DRL (or so I've been told).

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
i had pretty much the same thing happen to me. I purchased my JLU Rubi back in February...still waiting for the LED upgrade. I filed a complaint with Jeep directly after about 3 months and now they call me every week with updates and i just got off the phone with them. Tail lights and turn signals are available, but head lights and fog lights are only available for new builds. If you don't order it from the factory with the LED light group it's considered a "parts purchase" and they are expected to be available for "parts purchases" some time in August. I'm not going to hold my breath though, cuz last week I was told the week of July 4th. it just keep getting pushed back further and further...maybe by 2019 they'll come in. Once you give them your $50k+ you fall to the bottom of the priority list. Anyone that has them better not get in a wreck or they'll be screwed too. Turn signals can't be installed without the head lights also being installed because of a change that has to be made in the control system that apply's to both. So my tail lights were installed (and look awesome) and my turn signals are sitting on a shelf at the dealer waiting for the headlights to show up. The headlights, fog lights, turn signals, and tail lights are an exact match, so nothing has to be replaced or changed, they just have to change a setting in the computer accommodate the LED lights and enable the halo DRL (or so I've been told).
I can’t speak for the setting the dealer changes, but one of the options to change using the Tazer is for LED turn signals and it has no effect on the headlights.
Sponsored