se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
@steelerpsugirl

Can tell you most people aren't using that stability bar. Post here what you come up with on this.
Yeah that was what I noticed and it doesn't seem to need it. My husband felt that with our two boys possibly running into the garage that that the more stable the better when my Jeep isn't parked underneath it LOL! I will let you know!
I think a reply from TopLift Pros is still in order, though. Everything should fit nicely...especially for $1K! If they respond, will you update, please?
Sponsored

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I think a reply from TopLift Pros is still in order, though. Everything should fit nicely...especially for $1K! If they respond, will you update, please?
Definitely- unfortunately haven't heard anything yet...

Texascountry

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku
Just got a call from Barry, shipment to arrive Friday. Might ship Friday if not Monday. Great personality. Feeling anxious now!

Sponsored

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
We put it together and it takes off the roof well but we are having difficultly snapping in the stability bars- anyone have this issue? It seems to be too long and come see in at an angle. Trying to figure out if it’s an error on our end or what! I emailed the company and am waiting to hear back, will probably call also. TIA!
Same here. The stability bars don't fit right with my Sahara JL hard top. They are too short and you can't insert them into the unit with the hard top on it. Some kind of design flaw. I notice that the stability bars are different in design than in their YouTube videos. Looks like they redesigned them but didn't test out the new design. I'm not happy.

TxJedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport Unlimited
I posted this in another thread as well, so I’m sorry if you’ve come across it before. Mine arrived Friday as well. I Assembled it and took the whole top off for the 1st time. I finally got to put on the J Tops Shade as well. The TopLift Pro works as advertised!
1592ACD3-A857-4B2E-8B4E-023D61CBDFD5.jpeg
7C3CBFBE-38E8-4A90-A8C7-8D8E9468B283.jpeg
Something I'm confused about, with the TopLiftPro, don't you have to untie the rear portion of the shade to remove (and likewise replace) the hardtop?

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Something I'm confused about, with the TopLiftPro, don't you have to untie the rear portion of the shade to remove (and likewise replace) the hardtop?
No. The TopLift Pro makes contact with the roof above the “trunk”. The shade stops at the rear sports bar, just behind the back seat.

Not a great picture, but the Lift makes contact with the roof just inside the rear window. You can see where the shade ends in relation.
F74B8785-A64D-4C1B-8DC2-75E1C4E1ACAC.jpeg

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. The stability bars don't fit right with my Sahara JL hard top. They are too short and you can't insert them into the unit with the hard top on it. Some kind of design flaw. I notice that the stability bars are different in design than in their YouTube videos. Looks like they redesigned them but didn't test out the new design. I'm not happy.
Yeah they definitely redesigned it! I saw a video or two with the new one and it worked perfectly for the guys. No clue what’s going on and have yet to hear from them. When I have time Friday I’m calling to get it figured out. 1k- everything should work flawlessly.

TxJedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport Unlimited
No. The TopLift Pro makes contact with the roof above the “trunk”. The shade stops at the rear sports bar, just behind the back seat.

Not a great picture, but the Lift makes contact with the roof just inside the rear window. You can see where the shade ends in relation.
F74B8785-A64D-4C1B-8DC2-75E1C4E1ACAC.jpeg
Thanks that clears up a lot. Now I can spend way too much money with confidence!

Sponsored

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Thanks that clears up a lot. Now I can spend way too much money with confidence!
I just moved into an apartment and I’ve been bouncing between a couch or a topliftpro....

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Yeah they definitely redesigned it! I saw a video or two with the new one and it worked perfectly for the guys. No clue what’s going on and have yet to hear from them. When I have time Friday I’m calling to get it figured out. 1k- everything should work flawlessly.
Please post an update when you have it. You might refer them to this thread. Thanks!

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Definitely- unfortunately haven't heard anything yet...
I emailed Barry from TLP and made him aware of the issue and also linked him to this thread. I know that some people are saying that they don't need or use the stability bars. Well, maybe they have the JK model, but my Sahara JL hard top seems like it could easily tip forward and fall off the unit without the stability bars in place, so I would like to use them. And as it is now, it takes a second person to lift up on the hard top in order for the first person to insert the stability bars. Kind of defeats the purpose of this device, which allows ONE person to remove the hard top. I'll post back if I hear something from Barry.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just heard from Barry (I emailed again) and we are finding a time to talk. I will keep you posted.

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
C23AC266-6AD4-4CE3-967D-3C33D778E7B9.jpeg
7E1EB44C-CB90-40AA-A5C9-F2040D04D00C.jpeg
3DC60B97-08C1-4F1E-8FD8-D1D5EB2660C5.jpeg
I received my TLP a few days ago and put it together with my kids in an hour or so. It is a little different from the video’s I watched. I also had a few areas where my green and grey powder coating where scuffed, possibly from shipping. First time using it and it seemed to work fine. Placed the device under the top and placed it into position. I have the black sound panels and I am worried it will damage them over time. Placed the extensions on after removal and they also push into the black padding. It seems pretty solid with the extensions and I can park straight into the open area. Great concept!! Just a little sad it took so long for me to receive the product after delays and the pressure points hopefully won’t damage the sound pads. Tops off to everyone:like:
Sponsored