Sponsored

Factory LED Package DRL/Turn Signals- AWOL Part Numbers - Fighting with Dealership

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
I think the moral of the story is, don't buy a vehicle missing equipment you want with nothing more than a "promise" from a dealer to make it what you want.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The high fender flares available from Mopar absolutely 100% come with LED DRL's and turn signals. The LED headlights come with a wiring harness because of the halos which require constant power separate from the main bulb. The turn signals and drl's operate no differently between LED and halogen, and a wiring harness/adapter is not listed explicitly with the fender flares which makes me believe it should be a simple swap.

OP
OP
SilverSahara

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Here are the P/N's for the LED fender lights--
Passenger side: 55112884AD
Driver Side: 55112885AD

Also looks like you might need a new wiring harness too--
"SOCKET AND WIRING, Turn Signal Lamp": 68315806AA
"SOCKET AND WIRING": 68315806AB

Not sure what the difference between the two harnesses...hopefully this helps you
Huge help!!! After I went to the dealership yesterday afternoon, parts genius says the headlight kit and the fog lights were ordered on May 10th and are not expected until July 3rd to the 16th. Now when the markers and signals are missing I can throw this down and get what I paid for. Thank You!!!

OP
OP
SilverSahara

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I think the moral of the story is, don't buy a vehicle missing equipment you want with nothing more than a "promise" from a dealer to make it what you want.
Oh no, I made these clowns print out and sign a letter of intent which will hold up in court. Never trust a car salesman, manager or not, as far as you can throw them.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On April 25 I ordered a JLUR with the LED lighting group. It still sits in BX status. Here's what my dealer GM told me today:

"The prevailing issue remains to be the availability of the LED lighting group. FCA is not going to be building the JL Rubicon with the LED lighting group until they can sort out their supplier issue. Your jeep has been “hot coded” by production but as of today unless we delete the LED lighting group it will remain as a good order. If you can live without the LED factory option your Jeep will be built right away."

Well I want the factory LEDs so I'm going to wait another month or so and then cancel.

Sponsored

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
On April 25 I ordered a JLUR with the LED lighting group. It still sits in BX status. Here's what my dealer GM told me today:

"The prevailing issue remains to be the availability of the LED lighting group. FCA is not going to be building the JL Rubicon with the LED lighting group until they can sort out their supplier issue. Your jeep has been “hot coded” by production but as of today unless we delete the LED lighting group it will remain as a good order. If you can live without the LED factory option your Jeep will be built right away."

Well I want the factory LEDs so I'm going to wait another month or so and then cancel.
Good call. Its definitely hard to chase down after. I have a Sport S so LED was not an option from the factory. Its gotta be hard to wait though.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Thanks Nathan!

Can you provide the parts for headlights and taillights too? I'm most interested in the wiring parts.

Thanks,

Dennis
Here are the part numbers for the LED Headlights--
Right: 55112878AD
Left: 55112879AD

Part number for LED Fog Lamps--
68307273AD (Both left and right are the same assembly)

Part numbers for LED Tail Lights (W/ BLIND SPOT)--
Right: 68297588AH
Left: 68297589AH

**AGAIN, THESE ARE ALL RAN OFF MY VIN SO THESE ARE THE CURRENT PART NUMBERS FOR FACORY INSTALLED OPTIONS**

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Does anybody happen to have a part number for the rear LED Tail Lights by chance?
If you don’t want/need the Blind Spot Monitoring:
55112894AG
55112895AG

Good luck though; they’re on backorder (again). I bought a pair, the left was bad, I returned it and they showed they had “one more”. Turns out they didn’t so now I’m waiting for a new left one to become available to match up with the right side one that’s sitting on my garage floor.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Huge help!!! After I went to the dealership yesterday afternoon, parts genius says the headlight kit and the fog lights were ordered on May 10th and are not expected until July 3rd to the 16th. Now when the markers and signals are missing I can throw this down and get what I paid for. Thank You!!!
do you already have the LED tail lamps as part of the Safety group (blind spot)?

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I have Sport S trim. I think the Sahara and Rubicon trims have 4 wires going to the headlights and turn signals and that the Sport trims only have 3.
Maybe due to DRL? The Sport and Sport S do not have DRL (US models). The Rubicon/Sahara have DRL even with the halogens.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The LED headlight package lists a wiring harness and upgrading your factory halogens.

I've done ok so far cost wise on the headlights and fogs (take offs). Patience is the key. For example, once there are some good aftermarket fenders available there will be take off fenders with LED avail. The tail lights might be a bit more difficult.

Wiring is most interesting for me right now as I don't think the tazor will help without the 4rth wires. The Tazor guys have been reviewing wiring diagrams and have yet to come back and say they can do it (on sport trim). I haven't heard of anyone getting halos working on sport trim yet.
Waiting to learn if the Mopar LED headlamp halo will work with a Sport (non DRL).

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Maybe due to DRL? The Sport and Sport S do not have DRL (US models). The Rubicon/Sahara have DRL even with the halogens.
I know on my Sport S I have 3 wires going to the turn signal and the missing wire is the DRL wire.
5B919686-E633-4BB3-918C-202CB37268EB.png

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Here are the part numbers for the LED Headlights--
Right: 55112878AD
Left: 55112879AD

Part number for LED Fog Lamps--
68307273AD (Both left and right are the same assembly)

Part numbers for LED Tail Lights (W/ BLIND SPOT)--
Right: 68297588AH
Left: 68297589AH

**AGAIN, THESE ARE ALL RAN OFF MY VIN SO THESE ARE THE CURRENT PART NUMBERS FOR FACORY INSTALLED OPTIONS**
Dont use these headlights if you are coming from the halogens. Use 82215136.

My dealer Almost made the same mistake.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Wow. That's crazy. I ordered my JLUR with LED package on 5/15 and it's in transit to my dealer. Seems like there's no rhyme or reason. Hate to hear it, man.
Sponsored