Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Thing is EVERYONE and ANYONE that cares... already knows what happened. So why hide all the information. COME OUT and say it/something, give the people PAYING YOU hard earned money (so you continue to have a job) information and be more transparent.
Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thing is EVERYONE and ANYONE that cares... already knows what happened. So why hide all the information. COME OUT and say it/something, give the people PAYING YOU hard earned money (so you continue to have a job) information and be more transparent.
I just want my Jeep!!!

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
Has anyone received this message from Jeep?

"Thank you, I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build any day now!"

This is a 2.0 order so I take this with very guarded optimism.

srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
Twice in

"Thank you, I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build any day now!"

Twice in the past 5 days. Only to bounce back to D twice. I would take it with a grain of salt.

Cheddar14

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk
My ship date is 25 June, so will now how correct that info is in a week. Sent an email to my dealer asking if they are showing D or D1, to confirm. They were showing D as of Thursday.
So jeeps answer to "overwelming demand" is to delay production? Does that make any sense? Wouldn't any reasonable person INCREASE production? Just more smoke screen about what's really going on. We need to demand these turbos be 2019's and jeep needs to be upfront with their paying customers. We have been loyal to the Jeep brand. Have they been the same with us?

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red

Yes got same but dealer has no info. Mine is 2.0

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
Twice in

Twice in the past 5 days. Only to bounce back to D twice. I would take it with a grain of salt.
Grain of salt taken! Are you back to D1?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I am in JS...so my baby is sitting in a lot somewhere in Ohio.
My guess is that this is your "original" order for a turbo and this VIN you are tracking will not ship out to you.

If you ask JeepChat to confirm the order date for the VIN that is in JS, my guess is that it was before they scrapped all of the old orders and cloned them (roughly 5/29-6/2). You likely have a new VIN assigned to you and that is what you should be tracking.

My original VIN also shows in JS, though I know that means nothing as that is no longer "my" vehicle (my new VIN is still in D).

This is the "summary" for D1 status.

So jeeps answer to "overwelming demand" is to delay production? Does that make any sense? Wouldn't any reasonable person INCREASE production? Just more smoke screen about what's really going on. We need to demand these turbos be 2019's and jeep needs to be upfront with their paying customers. We have been loyal to the Jeep brand. Have they been the same with us?
Production delays are not their response to demand. The delays are a response to problems with parts when manufacturing.

FCA would love to increase production (they have over $5,000,000 in payments pending from customers if you assume an average of $50k+ per order with at least 100 orders pending for Turbos). But they cannot begin production until the correct parts are available and deemed safe.

Last edited:

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Got another email from FCA (Nicole just now, nothing new though - same one that's been posted a few times):

Sincerely,NICOLECustomer Assistance Center
Dear Customer:

Case #: ########
VIN:
Vehicle Description:

Dear [aug0211]: Thank you for your reply! The 2.0L with eTorque is an all-new engine to Wrangler and FCA. Prior to launching it, we want to ensure that we have identified and protected for any potential issues. Due to the production ramp up and overwhelming demand for the all-new Wrangler we are experiencing longer than usual order to delivery times. Due to this, we have a delay in production of the 2.0L. We currently anticipate sold orders to begin in July. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

Cheddar14

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk
My guess is that this is your "original" order for a turbo and this VIN you are tracking will not ship out to you.

If you ask JeepChat to confirm the order date for the VIN that is in JS, my guess is that it was before they scrapped all of the old orders and cloned them (roughly 5/29-6/2). You likely have a new VIN assigned to you and that is what you should be tracking.

My original VIN also shows in JS, though I know that means nothing as that is no longer "my" vehicle (my new VIN is still in D).

This is the "summary" for D1 status.

Production delays are not their response to demand. The delays are a response to problems with parts when manufacturing.

FCA would love to increase production (they have over $5,000,000 in payments pending from customers if you assume an average of $50k+ per order with at least 100 orders pending for Turbos). But they cannot begin production until the correct parts are available and deemed safe.
Point is...... jeep keeps sending these boiler plate messages that avoid telling us what is really going on. If it's a lack of parts, tell us that. If it's related to a safety issue, then tell us what is being done to correct it and give us a real projected build start date. I have been given dates of build or shipment 10 times and none of those dates were correct. Still waiting to see if the latest July build date will hold up and if those units will be held for another 2 months.

Sponsored

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Got another email from FCA (Nicole just now, nothing new though - same one that's been posted a few times):

Sincerely,NICOLECustomer Assistance Center
Dear Customer:

Case #: ########
VIN:
Vehicle Description:

Dear [aug0211]: Thank you for your reply! The 2.0L with eTorque is an all-new engine to Wrangler and FCA. Prior to launching it, we want to ensure that we have identified and protected for any potential issues. Due to the production ramp up and overwhelming demand for the all-new Wrangler we are experiencing longer than usual order to delivery times. Due to this, we have a delay in production of the 2.0L. We currently anticipate sold orders to begin in July. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center
I almost think it's better to hear nothing as this same bs is frustrating. Why can't they just say what issue(s) is. For me I get all parts are here just waiting to start build. If true, what on earth are they waiting for. As someone said... millions of dollars in orders and your just sitting back waiting. Could there be worse customer service. Just hoping they fix everything because if they have problems after build they really screwed up.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
My ship date is 25 June, so will now how correct that info is in a week. Sent an email to my dealer asking if they are showing D or D1, to confirm. They were showing D as of Thursday.
Jeep chat says D tracker says D1as of 6/12 now t sure what to believe

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
I don't like how they use 'overwhelming demand' as an excuse. Thought we were customers too (probably the more loyal branch of customer btw). Love how they are building peoples jeeps who just ordered in May but not those of us since early Feb. I would think that the turbo (which was a big advertising and selling point) would be a priority to them.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
Hopefully good news,
My Cloned VIN was built last night and is in "I" (inspection) according to their portal!

Austin.Spitler

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU, 2016 Ford Mustang, 2004 BMW 545i, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hopefully good news,
My Cloned VIN was built last night and is in "I" (inspection) according to their portal!
Great news! Where did you get the update? :rock:
Sponsored