Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Oh snap, just checked other site and my reorder is now in JB Status as of 6/16/18 11:30 pm. It never showed a D1 status there, lol and still doesn't. And when I reordered it showed restriction(which not sure what/why)
What site?

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Catching up. Do we have movement in turbos? Or only 3.6s?

Of course, I’m debating canceling dual top and going for a Trektop NX Glide, instead... and a dealership about 10 miles from me has an exact match (3.6) in transit (ok, not exact - it has the steel bumper group, so I’d have to deal with that :) )...

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
my 3.6 order, which is dual top

also to add, I asked Dealer/FCA Rep to replace the Turbo Clone as being expedited since at the time no idea when they would start Turbos and still today there is only a reference by FCA via email they'll start the Turbo's in July, but they give no indication that that is firm and if they do finally build them then will they do a lot hold and how long will that be? If I take delivery of the 3.6 and then the Turbo is finally available a month later I'll be pissed, but being that I don't have a vehicle now and there are too many uncertainty's I can't wait for it.

It's just been extremely disappointing for me. I've had to sit and watch the interest rate go up .5% and be without a car 6 weeks. Since it was costing me money waiting to sell it; so I sold it when a good offer presented itself. I really wanted the Turbo and waiting 127 days for my JLU has been a painful wait. But getting excited to hopefully have my JLU soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
my 3.6 order, which is dual top

also to add, I asked Dealer/FCA Rep to replace the Turbo Clone as being expedited since at the time no idea when they would start Turbos and still today there is only a reference by FCA via email they'll start the Turbo's in July, but they give no indication that that is firm and if they do finally build them then will they do a lot hold and how long will that be? If I take delivery of the 3.6 and then the Turbo is finally available a month later I'll be pissed, but being that I don't have a vehicle now and there are too many uncertainty's I can't wait for it.

It's just been extremely disappointing for me. I've had to sit and watch the interest rate go up .5% and be without a car 6 weeks. Since it was costing me money waiting to sell it; so I sold it when a good offer presented itself. I really wanted the Turbo and waiting 127 days for my JLU has been a painful wait. But getting excited to hopefully have my JLU soon.
You'll love it man, just took delivery of my 3.6 Rubi two days ago. The 3.6 is great, nice and punchy, with instant power off idle. I've been driving FI cars for so long I'd forgotten what a nice NA engine feels like.

Sponsored

GuyIncognito

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR -> Now Jeepless again
I had been showing D as of just a few days ago, but had a scheduled ship date of June 25. Dealer told me Friday I was D, tracker showed D as well, now as of latest update, says D1 and the date it says I went D1 is the 12th. Will attempt to confirm tomorrow.
Interesting. I'm still in D, but chat just told be I had a "CURR BLD PLAN 06-25-18" We'll see if that means anything.

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
Joe, Can you PM the same info?

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
Just now....

Dear Kevin,

This is a courtesy email update regarding your 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL order.

Due to the production ramp up and overwhelming demand for the all-new Wrangler we are experiencing longer than usual order to delivery times.

Due to this, we have a delay in production of the 2.0L. We currently anticipate sold orders to begin in July.

We will continue to communicate to you during this process. We are just as excited as you are for you to take ownership of your All-New Wrangler. I hope to have further information to share with you soon.
We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order.
Sincerely,
Jeff
Jeep Product Information Center

OP
OP
Respo

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
As per jeep line this morning I’m back to D1 on my 3.6 order, still D on 2.0. :facepalm:
Sponsored