Sponsored

Stupid things service departments say.....

Col Oliver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler UL Rubicon, 2015 Indian Scout, 2015 Challenger Shaker, 1979 Triumph TR8
So I called to get my oil changed and tires rotated (thank you jeep wave).... pretty simple....right?

Then the service person answering the phone notices I have the recall on my cruise control...... she goes oh... you have a recall..... you’ll need to bring it and leave it for the day to have it complete. I tried to give her the out by asking “ isn’t it just a software flash to correct it? “ Her response was oh no.... it takes all day, they have lots of them to do and it is very involved. I told her I didn’t want it completed if it involved me leaving the Jeep all day and then I got the ... it it isn’t safe to drive.... I asked if I would get a loaner for the day then if it wasn’t safe but then it was ok to postpone the repair.

The I took it in today and the service lady asked if they could do the 15 minute flash to update the recall.... good idea. I asked to have the spare rotated in and she said she could but It isn’t included in the jeep wave and would cost me $15 extra... no problem right? As the Jeep came back and I did a walk around I notice the $15 wasn’t on my bill and it was pretty easy To tell they didn’t rotate the spare in. The helpful service lady Is not there so the guy replacing her tells me they didn’t do it because it’s a bad idea to do it. He said if I don’t rotate the tire in then in two or three years when I need new tires I will only need to buy three tires then, he assured me that is what all smart car owners do...

I guess I’ve been doing it wrong for a long time
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
So I called to get my oil changed and tires rotated (thank you jeep wave).... pretty simple....right?

Then the service person answering the phone notices I have the recall on my cruise control...... she goes oh... you have a recall..... you’ll need to bring it and leave it for the day to have it complete. I tried to give her the out by asking “ isn’t it just a software flash to correct it? “ Her response was oh no.... it takes all day, they have lots of them to do and it is very involved. I told her I didn’t want it completed if it involved me leaving the Jeep all day and then I got the ... it it isn’t safe to drive.... I asked if I would get a loaner for the day then if it wasn’t safe but then it was ok to postpone the repair.

The I took it in today and the service lady asked if they could do the 15 minute flash to update the recall.... good idea. I asked to have the spare rotated in and she said she could but It isn’t included in the jeep wave and would cost me $15 extra... no problem right? As the Jeep came back and I did a walk around I notice the $15 wasn’t on my bill and it was pretty easy To tell they didn’t rotate the spare in. The helpful service lady Is not there so the guy replacing her tells me they didn’t do it because it’s a bad idea to do it. He said if I don’t rotate the tire in then in two or three years when I need new tires I will only need to buy three tires then, he assured me that is what all smart car owners do...

Make sure to post this on their social media, yelp, every where you can find to let everyone know how stupid they are

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
What's the dealer's name? We'll help you post on their facebook. We've done this before with a dealer who gave away someone's order to an FCA rep

alphacc82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU - Punk'n
There is a reason she is at a low paying job... No offence to anyone, just stating the obvious haha

OP
OP
Col Oliver

Col Oliver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler UL Rubicon, 2015 Indian Scout, 2015 Challenger Shaker, 1979 Triumph TR8
The female employee who was writing tnt service tickets was great, it was the mechanic who was filling in for her and the phone receptionist who had no idea

drm700

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GC Summit 4x4, 2009 Commander Limited 4X4, 72 Porsche 911T, waiting on a JLUS

Also good thing about the "Jeep Wave" Program is if you need maintenance for the day it allows for a rental - "The worst part of routine maintenance? Not being able to use your Jeep® Brand vehicle while it’s in the shop. With a Jeep Wave membership, we’ve got you covered with a no-charge vehicle rental for the day so you can spend less time waiting and more time doing" right off the Jeep site... I can see us having to be sure we inform service departments on the Wave program, besides most not knowing the details of the program I just don't see most of them offering the services we are entitled by being in the Wave program (OIIIIIIIO)

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Also good thing about the "Jeep Wave" Program is if you need maintenance for the day it allows for a rental - "The worst part of routine maintenance? Not being able to use your Jeep® Brand vehicle while it’s in the shop. With a Jeep Wave membership, we’ve got you covered with a no-charge vehicle rental for the day so you can spend less time waiting and more time doing" right off the Jeep site... I can see us having to be sure we inform service departments on the Wave program, besides most not knowing the details of the program I just don't see most of them offering the services we are entitled by being in the Wave program (OIIIIIIIO)
My JLUR is still at the dealership since 6/13 with no forseeable resolution. B/c of JeepWave they very reluctantly gave me a new Cherokee as a rental/courtesy vehicle. I told them I'm keeping the Cherokee until I get my JL back. That happened to also be the day my software recall came out and they did that the day it was towed in.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I said it on FB today and I'll say it again here. If a dealership staff member's lips are moving he/she is either a) lying to you (probably a salesperson), b) Doesn't know what they're talking about (probably a service department employee or lot attendant.) or c) All Of The Above.

There are always exceptions to every rule but whenever I speak to a dealership employee I assume the above is true. To do otherwise can be a very expensive mistake.

Bullheads1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Healthcare Recruiter
There is a reason she is at a low paying job... No offence to anyone, just stating the obvious haha
That’s funny. Ranks up there with fast food workers walking out a year or two back demanding $10+ an hour and most are so dumb they can’t even remember to put napkins in the bag.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
First, I really like our local dealer and service department! But, I am at the dealer last week looking at their wheels and talking with the service guy and parts manager and they mention I need to bring the Jeep in to get the steering recall done. I said I would in a few weeks when we get the oil changed and they can fix the center console latch then also. They both look at each other with a questionable look and acted like they did not have a clue what I was talking about. I said the pin fell out and I can't find the spring. Again they just shrugged and stood there. I said I will be glad to show you the issue on the JL Wranger Forums.com and then service guy said, he would have the latch assembly ready when I bring the jeep in!

I know.......I know...........a year and a half old!
Sponsored

Last edited: