Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver
Did your parts come in yet? Waiting on this to order...thanks in advance.
Not yet. I’m expecting the radio components next week, and it looks like the climate controls wont be here until the beginning of July now.
Sponsored

northernILJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
CarPlay works without any issues. My climate controls work, but this isn’t the correct part for the 7” radio. I need a different climate control panel for the 7” radio that has additional buttons. The one I have works, but it’s not the right piece.

68297546ae - 7” radio with sat
6AB53TX7AA - 7” radio trim bezel
Thank you!

CW21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited S
Not yet. I’m expecting the radio components next week, and it looks like the climate controls wont be here until the beginning of July now.
First time jeep owner here… But the JL sport unlimited S. We actually pick it up tomorrow.

On the topic of the controls, is there any chance at all that additional wiring will need to be run For functionality of the controls on the touchscreen? I suppose there’s a good shot this is all taken care of in the back of the new Radiohead unit, and the climate control module. I’m going to have to do the same upgrade from the 5 inch to the 7 inch to get XM.

Ours also has heated seats, so I wonder if that will add to the list of things I’ll need to purchase? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

OP
OP
thewolfman2010

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (JL)
First time jeep owner here… But the JL sport unlimited S. We actually pick it up tomorrow.

On the topic of the controls, is there any chance at all that additional wiring will need to be run For functionality of the controls on the touchscreen? I suppose there’s a good shot this is all taken care of in the back of the new Radiohead unit, and the climate control module. I’m going to have to do the same upgrade from the 5 inch to the 7 inch to get XM.

Ours also has heated seats, so I wonder if that will add to the list of things I’ll need to purchase? Does anyone have any ideas on this?
No additional wiring needs to be run UNLESS you get the climate control module. The heated seat controls are not on the main climate control panel. See pic:
screen-shot-2018-06-04-at-11-51-47-pm-png.png

Sponsored

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
No additional wiring needs to be run UNLESS you get the climate control module. The heated seat controls are not on the main climate control panel. See pic:
screen-shot-2018-06-04-at-11-51-47-pm-png.png
Hey - is that yours? Did you climate control parts come in? Hard to swap out? Did you use the module? Did the climate control stuff automatically come back after install? Please do tell.

OP
OP
thewolfman2010

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey - is that yours? Did you climate control parts come in? Hard to swap out? Did you use the module? Did the climate control stuff automatically come back after install? Please do tell.
Not mine, it's a pic from someone else's. Still waiting on the climate control parts -- they're backordered nationwide so it'll be a week or two. I didn't even order the climate module piece... but I probably need it.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Not mine, it's a pic from someone else's. Still waiting on the climate control parts -- they're backordered nationwide so it'll be a week or two. I didn't even order the climate module piece... but I probably need it.
Thanks. In case you can't tell I am anxious to hear. I've ordered all the parts but so far I have only received the screen. I think I remember you saying the climate control app went away. Hoping that it simply comes back after you install the climate control parts. Wondering if I should install before receiving the bezel and climate control.

OP
OP
thewolfman2010

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. In case you can't tell I am anxious to hear. I've ordered all the parts but so far I have only received the screen. I think I remember you saying the climate control app went away. Hoping that it simply comes back after you install the climate control parts. Wondering if I should install before receiving the bezel and climate control.
Honestly, I would wait until you get the radio and the bezel and install them together. The radio with the incorrect bezel looks awful and doesn't fit at all. Climate control pieces are a different story. Once all of the correct climate control pieces are installed, the climate control software buttons on the screen SHOULD come back. If not, resetting the radio should do the trick.

JbbzJLU

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
What is the part number for the climate control piece that you mentioned is back ordered? Does that give you the buttons for volume that you are missing from your picture

Sponsored

Kirasdad

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon
7” screen has problems as well. Save your time and money and go after market. Local dealers do not trade their service techs at all to deal with these problems. FCA sucks as far as service goes.

Kirasdad

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon
CarPlay with the 7” screen is garbage. I’ve had my Rubicon for 2.5 months and am taking it in for the 4th time to see if anyone has a clue. Usually the response from the service techs is “what’s CarPlay?”

Anything you would expect a smartphone or app to be able to do, it doesn’t.

CW21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve heard people say that the newer vehicles are learning a lot of things without having to take it in and put it on a computer. Can’t say if it’s true, as it’s second hand info. Although not 100% related, someone told me the TPMS on their after market setup configured itself just fine. Again, no idea if it’s true.

CW21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what I’m gonna do, 7” UC or after market. Apparently I have a bit to think about it though!

I’m buying this (essentially) for my wife and dressing it up. Asked her if she’d rather have XM or wheels/tires first, and she said wheels/tires! Fully expected her to say XM.....

That’s my girl!

OP
OP
thewolfman2010

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7” screen has problems as well. Save your time and money and go after market. Local dealers do not trade their service techs at all to deal with these problems. FCA sucks as far as service goes.
Please expand on these issues that you mentioned. I've had my 7" UConnect radio for over a week now and have not experienced any problems with it. CarPlay works as expected (so far), Satellite Radio and AM/FM work as well.
Sponsored