Magnaflow Catback Exhaust Question / Flowmaster Outlaw Drone

Jhubz7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
To those of you who have installed the CATBACK Magnaflow dual exhaust system for their JL's -

How is the highway cruising speeds in 8th gear? I have recently bought a new Flowmaster Outlaw and the drone at 2,100 to 2,400 RPMS is horrendous and that happens to be the full range of RPMs when cruising at highway speeds.

Looking at returning and picking up the Magnaflow catback but don't want to bother if the drone is there as well

Thanks,
Josh
Sponsored

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
To those of you who have installed the CATBACK Magnaflow dual exhaust system for their JL's -

How is the highway cruising speeds in 8th gear? I have recently bought a new Flowmaster Outlaw and the drone at 2,100 to 2,400 RPMS is horrendous and that happens to be the full range of RPMs when cruising at highway speeds.

Looking at returning and picking up the Magnaflow catback but don't want to bother if the drone is there as well

Thanks,
Josh
The dual exhaust just screams mall crawler IMO. You should look into the rock crawler catback. I purchased this one and it should be arriving next week. I like that it's nice and tucked away helping out with clearance or if you install an after market bumper.

There was also a video posted showing its sound, sounds pretty good:

RSR

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 ML430, 2007 Mustang
Has anyone made a video of their Off-road Pro Series exhaust yet? I'd like to compare tone between that and the Rock Crawler system.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Has anyone made a video of their Off-road Pro Series exhaust yet? I'd like to compare tone between that and the Rock Crawler system.
I think they both use the exact same flow-through muffler, the only difference is muffler location.

They should sound pretty much identical.

RSR

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 ML430, 2007 Mustang
I think they both use the exact same flow-through muffler, the only difference is muffler location.

They should sound pretty much identical.
That's great news, because saving 100 buck on a shorter pipe that doesn't need to show anyway is what I was hoping for.

Sponsored

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd

Thanks,
Josh
For reference for potential buyers, is it possible to take a video or sound clip?

toresen

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I went for the Magnaflow 19386 rock crawler catback. Mostly as I like the idea of it being hidden away.
2 hours in and I’m pretty disappointed, in particular the drone between 2000 and 2500 rpm. I have a freeway journey tomorrow but fear I might be taking it back off at the weekend.

@Ruby Jack - how did you get on with yours?

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I went for the Magnaflow 19386 rock crawler catback. Mostly as I like the idea of it being hidden away.
2 hours in and I’m pretty disappointed, in particular the drone between 2000 and 2500 rpm. I have a freeway journey tomorrow but fear I might be taking it back off at the weekend.

@Ruby Jack - how did you get on with yours?
Definite drone in that range. I have a m/t so I can choose what range my RPMs are on, so if the drone got too bad I could upshift or push through to 3k and it would disappear.

Don't know if I've gotten used to it or it has gotten better, but the drone is no where near as bad as it was once I first got it and put some miles through it. It sounds better now, or maybe I've just subconsciously kept away from that sweet spot RPM that makes it drone.

Sponsored

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I noticed that my city MPG dropped to about 14.5 MPG after installing the muffler. It was averaging about 16.5 before. So a 2 MPG drop.

Pretty strange. Maybe it's because I'm subconsciously flooring it more to hear that sweet exhaust.

AlexE

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I installed the Rock Crawler Cat Back on my Rubicon last week and the drone between 2000-2400 rpm is almost unbearable. Comes with lots of vibrations too. It's a shame because it sounds great at idle and when you step on it. Anybody got any advice on how to mitigate drone at all? I really don't want to go back to stock.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I purchased the stainless steel MBRP axle back dual exhaust. Sounds great not too loud and barely any drone! Also your able to adjust each section separately vs the other companies so the tips are properly aligned height and length wise. Only issue is I purchased the regular stainless steel u clamps as their clamps were worthless. Paid 329.00 from cs pony . great price vs the other companies

IMG_0884.jpg
Sponsored