Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Some footage of the Magnaflow Catback Dual Exhaust System.

Listen with headphones or on speakers that have decent bass.

Mkz567

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler jl rubicon
Occupation
Business owner
I spend little over 900 for all including install.... but sounds great. Now i want 315/70/17...

OP
OP
Magnaflow

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you all for your support! We love hearing that you are completely satisfied with the new kits!

Sponsored

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
Not sure where to post this, so thought I’d try here...

Have a JLUR automatic. Installed the axle back last week and of course revved the engine when it was complete. Both in park or neutral, when I press the gas it fizzles out at 3k rpms. With the pedal floored it will go to 3k but not beyond.

I never revved the engine before the install, so am confused. Is this normal? Is there some sort of governor on the automatic or is their possibly a problem here?

In gear, both automatic and manual mode, it will go well passed 3k rpms and drives completely normal. Sounds good too! ;)

Just confused about what’s going on in neutral. Thoughts?

Chowbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

Have a JLUR automatic. Installed the axle back last week and of course revved the engine when it was complete. Both in park or neutral, when I press the gas it fizzles out at 3k rpms. With the pedal floored it will go to 3k but not beyond.

I never revved the engine before the install, so am confused. Is this normal? Is there some sort of governor on the automatic or is their possibly a problem here?

In gear, both automatic and manual mode, it will go well passed 3k rpms and drives completely normal. Sounds good too! ;)

Just confused about what’s going on in neutral.
That is not normal but I doubt it's related to your axleback exhaust install. Does it also happen when you drive?

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
That is not normal but I doubt it's related to your axleback exhaust install. Does it also happen when you drive?
As I said, it drives completely normal, both in auto and manual mode. Just can’t rev it passed 3k in Park/neutral.

Was thinking governor....

Last edited:

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
That is completely normal. The control module knows that it isnt under load and it shuts it down.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
What other gains could we notice from this system?

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Just confused about what’s going on in neutral. Thoughts?
Normal - rev limiter/controller won’t allow more than 3000rpm in Park or Neutral. Jeep must be in gear and moving to exceed 3000.

Chowbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Normal - rev limiter/controller won’t allow more than 3000rpm in Park or Neutral. Jeep must be in gear and moving to exceed 3000.
Wow didn't know that. I've never experienced that before (including my JL) but then again I've always driven a MT.

Brew20MJO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Ocean Blue Metallic
Just ordered my Magnaflow Black Coated Axle-back exhaust today!!! (#19388) Will definitely look and sound great on my Ocean Blue Rubicon!! Will post pics after installation.

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Still waiting on mine. The 9th came and went, no notification of shipment. Seems like Axle backs are in stock, but for some reason the cat back is being ignored. I guess it's too much trouble to take an axle back along with the cat section and piping from a polished exhaust (since that part is the same whether you get the black one or not) and ship it out to people who already ordered months ago. I probably would have not bothered ordering if I had known it would be this big of an ordeal. I get that these are popular, but if the black axle back is in stock, and the polished cat back is in stock for new orders, there's zero reason the black cat back should still be delayed for old orders.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.