2018 JL Sahara
Just checked my fuses and almost every one was not seated properly. Crazy
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm wondering how software can cause or prevent a short circuit. Only 1 incident reported, I'll take my chances until the recall affects my VIN.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I'm wondering how software can cause or prevent a short circuit. Only 1 incident reported, I'll take my chances until the recall affects my VIN.
I think that in the event of a short circuit, that the software would not handle the situation correctly and would not disable cruise control. It's a software update that fixes this wrong behaviour.

Yeah, 1 incident reported. Sounds exceedingly rare and pretty minor.

And even if it happens to you, you could always just brake the car and then shut off the engine when you come to a stop.

mtnsurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Ford Expedition, 2018 JLUR Punk'n
Checked my fuses as well. Most were not seated correctly. One was almost all the way out. I will check it again in a couple of weeks to see if driving it unseats the fuses :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
People that don't vary their speed are probably far more dangerous. I mean there's other people around you to consider. Plus traffic could stop in front of you are you just going to maintain your speed?

Varying speed to match conditions, traffic, each and every situation you encounter means your head is probably more in the game. I'm not saying drive like a maniac....but...just sayin
I'm a truck driver and people that don't maintain the same speed are the biggest pains in the ass! Just be aware of your surroundings and it won't matter whether you use C.C.or not

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Not a problem at all, if you go to the dealer you use the VIN and if you buy elsewhere you need to be on your game which you should always be anyway. Ain't no big deal at all.
I understand what you’re saying if you are working with your jeep dealer .They ask for the vin just for the paint code , dealers want the Vin for any parts. However Like in this thread we were all guessing is it 2018 JK or JL were talking about ? We did not know we were guessing you know why ? because nobody provided a Vin. it gets complicated when you’re dealing with multiple body styles in the same model year it’s just common sense. Four wheel parts wholesalers any aftermarket off-road online they have no vin decoders they don’t care you tell them 2018 jeep they’re going to say what kind or guess and send parts anyways.
I know you’re saying it’s no problem for you because it isn’t really a problem for smart people but unfortunately we don’t always deal with smart people. Lol you’ll see an example is headed your way in the future.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
"2018 Wrangler" is the JL. FCA specifically refers to the JK as "2018 Wrangler JK."

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I entered my VIN on the NHTSA website and nothing comes up - says recall data was refreshed today, 05/29

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

Sponsored

maus92

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS Firecracker Red
Yea, I drive my 2014 GC everyday using the cruise control. No problems.

catdaddy63

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue, 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
Occupation
Used Car Manager/Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
They announced the recall this morning on the Dodge Journey and the flash is available. Since a Journey was the original and only vehicle to exhibit the behavior it would stand to reason that they tested the fix there first. The issue as stated above is fault handling logic in the programming. Expect the other models to come soon.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I'm a truck driver and people that don't maintain the same speed are the biggest pains in the ass! Just be aware of your surroundings and it won't matter whether you use C.C.or not
And anyone who uses cruise control in traffic is a wreck waiting to happen.

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
i just checked with some hot links posted, My 2018 is coming up with 0 recalls.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The latest bulletin shows that according to build dates, ALL JL Wranglers will be included in the cruise control recall.

Here's my question: a lot of us have programmers to adjust our speedometers for larger tires. Obviously we will need to unmarry the device and remove all hardware before going to the dealership, since they'll be working directly on the computer system of the vehicle. However, if we remove, say, a Tazer JL device and unmarry it, does the tire size setting remain? Or will we then be rolling on large tires with an incorrect speedo when we show up at the dealership?

Seems like a classic case of damned if we do, damned if we don't. If we leave the vehicle programmed, that could be detected and void our warranty. But if we remove the program and render our odometer false, that could also be detected and void the warranty. If you have a cool dealership, you're probably OK. If not.... hmmm.........
Sponsored