JL Shipping Backlog and Delays

OP
OP

wdp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Yea same situation. I ordered my Rubicon in March and still in D mode in Ohio. Crazy!!
Hey, good news - mine JL 2 door Rubi showed up on Saturday. I'm out of town but picking up this Friday. Initial pictures look sweet - glad I waited for Sting Gray.
Sponsored

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
I ordered my 4 door rubicon in April 28 and no VIN yet. geez!
Have you followed up with your dealer? I don't know if it is different in Canada but I had my VIN pretty much 3 days after ordering.

Sid88

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Silver
thx. Finally got a VIN number today...7 weeks later. D status.....wonder how long it will take now.

Sid88

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Silver
So now sitting in JB (awaiting decals) for a week. Hopefully ships before the summer is over.

Sponsored

jlveter

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I’ve been in KZ for 20 days and it’s nearly 9 weeks since my order was placed (1 week longer than the latest promise date of 6-8 weeks). Spoke with @JeepCares on Friday and was told that they would try to expedite but still no ETA...

What a mess for everyone involved. I get that they’re not delivering small parcels but they should have better estimates for the order and delivery time and update when things understandably change. Keep setting the expectation and I’m sure there would be less people lost in this process — which is obviously creating the dissatisfaction seen all over these forums.

I was supposed to move out of state this week but I’ve had to postpone to the very last day of my lease which is up early next week. Now I’m likely going to get stuck paying a premium for a last minute flight because I don’t have a car. It’s almost absurd that FCA doesn’t make available the tracking technology that’s become ubiquitous everywhere. It’s the 1980s with these generic status codes and no idea on ETA!

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
  1. FCA needs to hire some additional top notch logistics wizards to eliminate bottlenecks and expedite the build process.
  2. Next they need to devote software development to customer dashboards

nobleman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
Do not order a 2.0 or you will wait a life time, My order went in the middle of March.. Absolute NO ANSWERS from jeep. Just the run around. Re ordered a V6 last weekend. VERY UPSET.. 3rd new Jeep. and 6 new Dodge trucks, Never had these kinds of issues.

nobleman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
I’ve been in KZ for 20 days and it’s nearly 9 weeks since my order was placed (1 week longer than the latest promise date of 6-8 weeks). Spoke with @JeepCares on Friday and was told that they would try to expedite but still no ETA...

What a mess for everyone involved. I get that they’re not delivering small parcels but they should have better estimates for the order and delivery time and update when things understandably change. Keep setting the expectation and I’m sure there would be less people lost in this process — which is obviously creating the dissatisfaction seen all over these forums.

I was supposed to move out of state this week but I’ve had to postpone to the very last day of my lease which is up early next week. Now I’m likely going to get stuck paying a premium for a last minute flight because I don’t have a car. It’s almost absurd that FCA doesn’t make available the tracking technology that’s become ubiquitous everywhere. It’s the 1980s with these generic status codes and no idea on ETA!
Lies. They will not expedite. I have been hearing the same thing since june 1st on an order that went in the middle of March

Nash

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk rubicon
Mines been ready to ship for 44 days with no eta in sight, this is ridiculous. Ordered middle of February. I can’t believe this hasn’t hit the news yet. What’s the issue @JeepCares ??? Or don’t you really care?
I'm in the same boat...my jlru was ordered on 05/22/18 and now FCA cant even figure out the status......