Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I guess if this is my first and last post the Ninjas got to me.... Dealer is putting the turbo order in today.
Welcome to the club, did he give you a ETA?
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I guess if this is my first and last post the Ninjas got to me.... Dealer is putting the turbo order in today.
Congrats! And welcome to the club!

Fingers crossed for you (and all of us!) that they start building these things again soon, and they get it right this time, and that the shipping delays open up for us to receive the turbos fast.

Taurus14

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara turbo firecracker red
Wait, do you think I was being serious?

ROFL. No, I do not actually think that Jeep has deployed ninjas to all of our homes and silently “hushed us up” in the dark of the night. It was a joke.
Lost my sense of humor after 4 months :)

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

LidPhones

First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR EC3 White, Ordered 6-11-2018
Congrats! And welcome to the club!

Fingers crossed for you (and all of us!) that they start building these things again soon, and they get it right this time, and that the shipping delays open up for us to receive the turbos fast.
Thanks and I totally hope FCA has it all dialed in now for the Turbos. I have been learning a bunch from everyone here, pumped to be in the club....

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Thanks and I totally hope FCA has it all dialed in now for the Turbos. I have been learning a bunch from everyone here, pumped to be in the club....
I think they got it straightened out now

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Soooo..... a 3.6 version of my build is "in transit" to Tyson Motors... I think that is @Chicago's dealership. I'm in Ohio, but bought my last Wrangler out in Chicago at a different dealer (Fields Auto).... so it's not out of the question for me.

Only thing missing from the one Tyson has coming is the dual top group (well, and the turbo + BSG). If I could get by with the hard top for now, I could add on an NX Glide from Bestop when they come out this fall. I guess I'll keep an eye on both my turbo order and the 3.6 headed to Tyson and see how both progress.

With each day that passes and without progress on the turbos, it makes more and more sense to either cancel and wait on a 2019 for those who can wait, or grab a 3.6 for those who cannot wait:
  • Assume September ordering for 2019 turbos --> October/November deliveries
  • Assume our 2018 turbo builds start late June/early July as communicated by FCA and a 2-4 week shipping window --> late July/early August deliveries
If the above are accurate, we're at roughly a 3 month added wait to get a 2019 instead of a 2018. Any additional delays in 2018s and that gap just continues to shrink....

Of course, all based on assumptions about Jeep actually hitting their communicated 2018 build dates, being able to ship them out (still having troubles, as I understand it), as well as assumptions on 2019 production dates.

How mad would we be if we got our 2018 turbos in August, and orders for 2019 opened one month later in September?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Soooo..... a 3.6 version of my build is "in transit" to Tyson Motors... I think that is @Chicago's dealership. I'm in Ohio, but bought my last Wrangler out in Chicago at a different dealer (Fields Auto).... so it's not out of the question for me.

Only thing missing from the one Tyson has coming is the dual top group (well, and the turbo + BSG). If I could get by with the hard top for now, I could add on an NX Glide from Bestop when they come out this fall. I guess I'll keep an eye on both my turbo order and the 3.6 headed to Tyson and see how both progress.

With each day that passes and without progress on the turbos, it makes more and more sense to either cancel and wait on a 2019 for those who can wait, or grab a 3.6 for those who cannot wait:
  • Assume September ordering for 2019 turbos --> October/November deliveries
  • Assume our 2018 turbo builds start late June/early July as communicated by FCA and a 2-4 week shipping window --> late July/early August deliveries
If the above are accurate, we're at roughly a 3 month added wait to get a 2019 instead of a 2018. Any additional delays in 2018s and that gap just continues to shrink....

Of course, all based on assumptions about Jeep actually hitting their communicated 2018 build dates, being able to ship them out (still having troubles, as I understand it), as well as assumptions on 2019 production dates.

How mad would we be if we got our 2018 turbos in August, and orders for 2019 opened one month later in September?
I ordered my Jeep at Tyson and my Infinity I bought at Fields , I’m not to worried about it being a 2019 or 18 since I’m gonna keep this jeep a long time , but if you plan on trading it in after a few years waiting for 2019 might be a good idea but I bet you won’t see them showing up at dealers till January

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered my Jeep at Tyson and my Infinity I bought at Fields , I’m not to worried about it being a 2019 or 18 since I’m gonna keep this jeep a long time , but if you plan on trading it in after a few years waiting for 2019 might be a good idea but I bet you won’t see them showing up at dealers till January
The 2018 vs 2019 value is way blown out of proportion. Have you ever shopped used Rubicon prices? The results are self explanatory. It just bothers me we aren't getting any information about why we are waiting and when we will get them. Some have received responses, but I have yet to hear anything from Jeep other than that my Jeep was cloned. I sent them an email this morning and maybe they will give some form of information.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
The 2018 vs 2019 value is way blown out of proportion. Have you ever shopped used Rubicon prices? The results are self explanatory.
That’s a good point as well