'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Myjeep

First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JL Sahara
If the doors are off entirely the autopark would have to be disabled. Otherwise you're going nowhere.
Therefore, there should be a way to disable it, just need to know the right wire to bypass or unplug.

Myjeep

First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JL Sahara
I just read that Superchips allows autopark on/off.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Therefore, there should be a way to disable it, just need to know the right wire to bypass or unplug.
disconnecting the doors will automatically disable it.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
All doors, or can you just pull the plug from the driver door?
I haven't taken the doors off yet myself so I'm not sure if its a driver's door only thing or not. I'd much rather have my power windows functioning if I have my doors on though so I'm going to leave them plugged in.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I just read that Superchips allows autopark on/off.
They list it, but owners of their device claim it does not work.

Some also say the auto start/stop disable doesn't work either.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
They list it, but owners of their device claim it does not work.

Some also say the auto start/stop disable doesn't work either.
Correct, disable auto park though advertised and touted to work by Superchips, does not work....l have had 3 or more message me and say disable Auto Park does not work with their Super Chip programmer.

As for disable ESS, that is only available with TazerJL and it does work. Super Chip does not offer this feature.

@Myjeep
@Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Correct, disable auto park though advertised and touted to work by Superchips, does not work....l have had 3 or more message me and say disable Auto Park does not work with their Super Chip programmer.

As for disable ESS, that is only available with TazerJL and it does work. Super Chip does not offer this feature.

@Myjeep
@Swanny297
I confirmed with Superchips that the disable auto park is working - working on both of their JLs without bugs. Who ever is messaging you needs to contact Superchips if it isn’t working.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
When backing up to my boat for hookup, I get out and check how close I am. No the camera does not help. If I am out by an inch or so I would hop back into the jeep, leave the door open, reverse the jeep, check and repeat.
Now I have to actually get in and close the door each time.
Funny enough, or so I've heard, if you remove the door (while boating) this functionality switches to weight on the driver's seat....

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Great (or twisted) minds think alike. Or maybe it's because I'm actually from LI too (Rockville Centre).

Sorry...missed your post. What do your vanity plates say? We're in different states so I can plagiarize that too.
Shouldn't a guy named Malve instead be from nearby to Rockville Centre, Malverne? ;)

(It's a LI joke. Just trying to add levity to plagiarism notions. Imitation, even it exist here, (I'm staying clear of taking sides) is the greatest form of flattery.)

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
When backing up to my boat for hookup, I get out and check how close I am. No the camera does not help. If I am out by an inch or so I would hop back into the jeep, leave the door open, reverse the jeep, check and repeat.
Now I have to actually get in and close the door each time.
If you keep very light pressure on brake while backing up with door open, mine won’t engage auto park. That might help in your situation where you’re only moving a few inches. As soon as you remove foot from brake, it will engage. Must be tied to brake lights or something.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I completely get the frustration some have with this feature, in particular situations like maneuvering an item on a trailer.

And yet I hope these people also realize that FCA does this stuff because (and I'm quick to put FCA down too, not just come to their defense) sympathetic court jurists, who get too tied up in the emotional plight of those hurt or killed by their own stupidity or risk taking/assumption make companies pay out top dollar and change products/vehicles in ways that limit the rest of us who would exercise better judgement than to, for example, not put a rig in park before getting out of it.

I'm not saying people are dissing FCA here, (they seem more interested in work arounds) I'm just saying that don't get on FCA's case about this one: there are plenty other situations where assigning them blame is warranted.

They are products of a legal system that makes corporate lawyers, who, simply doing their jobs to protect their employers, respond to these cases and awards, and make (literally and metaphorically) coffee providers dispense cups that say on them, "warning, coffee is very hot," and dumb down products in ways that sometimes limit the rest of us.

I allude, with no shame, to the award McDonalds had to pay to a customer who burned her privates on their coffee, opening the lid in a car, as I understand the case, primarily as a result of where the litigant got burnt rather than remember her role in bringing this on herself.

Off soap box.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
I had autopark frustrate the hell out of me, tried to take my trash can back to the house by opening the door and holding the can and couldn't get it to go (I have a long driveway). Maybe if I put the seatbelt on? I ended up walking it back but it was a pita.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I had autopark frustrate the hell out of me, tried to take my trash can back to the house by opening the door and holding the can and couldn't get it to go (I have a long driveway). Maybe if I put the seatbelt on? I ended up walking it back but it was a pita.
The brake trick might work, but I’d probably just bungee cord it to the spare tire.
Sponsored