Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

An anonymous source has sent this photo of what's purported to be the front grille for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL / JLU)!

Consistent with spied JL prototypes, this JL grille features a widened seven slot design which combines elements from past Wranglers. The kinked/bent slats hark back to the YJ grille and the headlights recessing into the slats draws inspiration from the CJ grille.

Also consistent with the prototypes' grilles is the lack of the turn signal lights (which have been redesigned and incorporated into the fenders) and the removal of the Jeep logo from the grille.

This represents possibly the second leaked production/pre-production part. In October, a JLwranglerforums member shared what was likely a JL Rubicon hood used for testing purposes.

jl-grille-JLwranglerforums.jpg

jl-grille-JLwranglerforums1.jpg

Side by side comparison image (by site member Brandon):

jkjl-jpg.jpg

Here's a preview of what the grille would look like on the JLU Wrangler (from our JL renderings set):

2018-wrangler-unlimited-front-jlwranglerforums-1-jpg.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Rubicon-Ocean-Blue-Metallic-Clear-Coat-by-JLWF.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Nice leak. We've now seen the hood and grill. Now let's see a leaked (not leaky) roof! :)

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I like the Jeep badge removed like this. Looks cleaner and meaner. Removed mine the first day I bought the car.

FiftyFive0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Chevy Tahoe
Looks pretty much like the renders.. still glad they removed the JEEP logo but not sure how I feel about the turn signals being moved.

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Looks pretty much like the renders.. still glad they removed the JEEP logo but not sure how I feel about the turn signals being moved.
Renders were definitely accurate with the grille. Biggest difference is probably the rounded lower corners on this grille.

Woulda preferred rounded slots vs squared off slots but that's nitpicking. Overall I like how it gives off a retro vibe while also looking modern.

Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Front does looks cleaner without the turn signals on the grille plate and looks more modern as slivers of LED lights in the fenders. Hope the guy keeps this one and doesn't sell it like the guy with the hood did! Would be a nice wall ornament for garage.

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
It's definitely got more of that trapezoid shape like the TJ. I've always preferred it over the JK's.

Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

It looks like the headlights grew in size. Thats a positive IMO ... as the current lighting leaves a lot to be desired
Yes and should look extra nice too in LED form. The 2017 LEDs are already a huge upgrade from the standard halogens. If they can improve upon this design even more for the JL headlights, it's going to be a looker.

Jeep Wrangler JL Leaked: 2018 Jeep Wrangler grille {filename}

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Neat bit of design and engineering to keep (maybe improve) the aggressive front look but make it a bit more aerodynamic. As long as they don't screw up the soft top/top off look this could be a very nice redesign.

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
I like it, it looks angry already even without the angry eyes grille lol.

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Even though this new grille is unmistakable as a Wrangler grill and has all the classic elements, some Wrangler owners are still going to scream and shout that's not a real Jeep when the the JL is first revealed ;)

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
They really tucked in the lower grille corners compared to the JK. Might mean we're gonna see bigger fenders for bigger tires?

Jeep Wrangler JL Leaked: 2018 Jeep Wrangler grille {filename}
Sponsored