Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

khisanth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLU, 1967 Chevy Camaro 350SS
Same place for two weeks. Did you have the dual top group like me. I think that is the problem.
Yup, dual top...
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Wannamojito

First Name
Wannamojito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yj
Good news from my dealer today! My Mojito JLUR made it to the rail yard in Minnesota. Now it’s on to a truck transport to the dealership! My new tires came in today too, 35” Nitto Trail Grapplers.
What wheels u going with ?

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
I just moved to “I” status

First update since going to D1 on 5/23

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Cant wait to see photos of your Mojito with these wheels! I'm curious to see how bronze looks with Mojito!
You’re not the only one haha! The soonest appointment I could get to have them mounted is next Wednesday at 11 AM!

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
There are three concerns I have (Some/all may have been fixed already).

1. Bad frame welds.
2. Excessive Wind Noise/Buffeting/Whistling effect.
3. Steering issues.

The Bad Frame welds don't seem to be being reported lately.
1. My frame welds look ok, however the rust/slag/whatever the fuck it is continues.
2. Mine seems ok so far, but I've only had it up to 65MPH for a few miles.
3. Steering is looser than my other vehicles, however those are sport cars so I cannot really compare the JL's steering.

Bonus: I found bare metal on the body by each tire. It appears during painting the body rests on four pads and once the body is connected to the frame, nobody goes back and sprays where the pads were. I'm assuming this occurs on ALL JL and JLU Wranglers. I just sprayed some paint on mine, luckily there was no rust.

Gang Green

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think when I go to trade in sometime in 2022, after I take delivery on my current order in 2020, I’ll just order 3 or 4 JT/JL’s from various dealers. Winner gets my $75k or however much FCA/Great Wall Motors is charging for the Rubi’s at that time. :ontheloo:

Still in D. Order date May 8. Reorder May 27. :time:

Thanks to all for the eye candy so far. Can’t wait to start seeing some jacked Mojitos all over this board.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
1. My frame welds look ok, however the rust/slag/whatever the fuck it is continues.
2. Mine seems ok so far, but I've only had it up to 65MPH for a few miles.
3. Steering is looser than my other vehicles, however those are sport cars so I cannot really compare the JL's steering.

Bonus: I found bare metal on the body by each tire. It appears during painting the body rests on four pads and once the body is connected to the frame, nobody goes back and sprays where the pads were. I'm assuming this occurs on ALL JL and JLU Wranglers. I just sprayed some paint on mine, luckily there was no rust.
Did you happen to get a picture of that before you sprayed it? I would love to see that area so I can make the dealership fix it.

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
For the life of me I cannot find the thread regarding missing paint near the tires. It discusses poor strapping / securing techniques on the train and / or a truck resulting and rubbing of the paint near near the tires. Sorry for the lack of reference, my Google-fu is not functioning tonight.
Sponsored